Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet cancelling Openreach work that would restore my phone service

ChewBarker
Hooked

Plusnet cancelling Openreach work that would restore my phone service

Hi all, 

I suppose the purpose of me writing here is in hope that someone senior gets wind of the situation and quickly resolves it.

I've had an ongoing support ticket with Plusnet since September.  The symptom, no phone service, no dial tone, but broadband is ok. 

I've had similar problems before and these were resolved quickly due to a dis in one leg at the cabinet. 

This time however, the first engineer identified that a recent storm had damaged the over head line and it would need to be replaced. 

Replacing the line wouldn't be possible as the span between a pole on the street and a pole in my garden was over maximum span length. 

Various solutions were considered and one was accepted by myself and openreach as the most sensible solution. To erect a new pole in my garden that would reduce the span to the pole on the street. 

Over the next few weeks on the advice of Openreach, I contacted Plusnet to request an Openreach surveyor visit the property. Eventually Deborah at Plusnet escalated the issue and I received an openreach engineer that, again identified a replacement pole was necessary, this engineer was able to request the Surveyor visit the site. 

Meanwhile, I keep receiving notifications from plusnet claiming that the fault has been fixed (sometimes simply stating that my broadband loks fine, when BB wsnt the fault), I keep advising plusnet that it is not fixed, I still have no dial tone and no phone service.

The surveyor visited on Friday 19th October, he gave me hope that progress was being made. He advised it would be a week or so before I would hear about when the work would start. 

This is where it goes wrong again. 

For some reason an Openreach engineer was sent to fix a fault at the cabinet (I had no contact with the engineer). This engineer reported that he fixed the fault and my plusnet support ticket shows a line test. A plusnet customer support member updates the ticket to claim the fault has been fixed.

I advise that the fault has not been fixed and it wont be fixed until the line is replaced which requires a pole to be erected. 

I speak to Plusnet this morning and it appears that the Openreach work to erect a pole and replace the line has been cancelled because Plusnet have accepted that the fault is fixed. 

I advise the customer support agent that the fault is not fixed and the work should continue, his response is that I need to take another morning off work to wait for an engineer in order to start the process again! 

Plusnet may blame Openreach for sending the engineers who claimed that fault was fixed. However Plusnet are at fault for accepting this resolution (and cancelling the work) when they have been informed by openreach and myself that a new pole and line is required. 

------

If any one has any advice how to proceed? please share. I will of course be taking another morning off work to see the engineer again. 

Regards

chewbarker

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Plusnet cancelling Openreach work that would restore my phone service

Moderators Note

Post released from Spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to see that our error in processing the fault has led to this. 

I'll definitely look over the history of the issue and make sure some feedback is passed on.

From what I can see in order to resolve this is to make sure another appointment is booked which I can see has been done already but do please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ChewBarker
Hooked

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for looking into it. 

Yep, I hope you can help. When I see the engineer will they have any background info or is this being treated as a new case? 

Is any part of the original process recoverable? For instance, can I advise the engineer that a surveyor has already been or will this need to be organised again?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

They should be able to see the information from the past issues.

If not they'll have a number to contact us on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team