cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and openreach

waldermer

Plusnet and openreach

My phone has been off for two weeks now. Fully reported to plus net but no service sorted. I'm housebound after knee surgery and really need phone and broadband. Plus net say it's open reach. Open reach say it needs underground work to fix. Hogwash as all lines in the area are on poles. I don't really care who is to blame but can anyone suggest a way of cutting through the impasse so I can have service restored. I appear to go,around and around in circles. I'm elderly, disabled and housebound and no one seems to give a stuff!!,
3 REPLIES 3
itsme
Grafter

Re: Plusnet and openreach

Normally underground from exchange to the street cabinet and mixed underground/overhead from street cabinet to poles. It then overhead from the poles to the house.
waldermer

Thanks for this. They are all overland in the street. Every time any work is done in the area, the engineers knock someone else off. It's happened twice in the last few weeks. My neighbour went off -they fixed her but knocked me off-but I've now been waiting for 2 weeks for it to be fixed. As you will see from original post they are now suggesting it might be another week because of underground work required. Highly unlikely as almost certain they have knocked me off on the pole outside -that what happened with all of the other faults.
frankly I have no confidence in either plus net or openreach- none of them seem to be sure of what's happening and they don't keep me properly informed.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear what's happened.
I can see Openreach have sent the request to their contractors to get the dig work carried out and that's currently set for the 27th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team