cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and Openreach

Edge-2RTR

Plusnet and Openreach

I have only been with Plusnet for a short while and I have noticed that their statement “well do you proud” is a load of rubbish.

My phone and broadband problem has been going on since December, when I was with Talk Talk, I changed to Plusnet after seeing their advert. I have had 6 visits by Openreach to rectify the fault, the very first chap to come out, stated then that the fault was 44 yards away from the house. Since then, we have had numerous visits by openreach, each time trying something different then going away telling Plusnet that the fault is fixed. Not coming to us and asking, just relying on their kit. So we have to go through the same rigmarole every time they come out, like it’s a new fault. Plusnet are paying for each visit, but no one there is competent enough to spot this and do something about it. The support staff are very nice, but their hands are tied and we have to go through the process of testing the line then booking another idiot from openreach. But really, who are the incompetent idiots, I think it’s plusnet Managers, as they are unable to rectify the situation. Only a moron would pay for a service you are not getting. The last engineer to come out, actually sprayed the path, exactly where the fault is, so they know where to dig. When I phone for an update, I’m told openreach have closed the ticket as the fault has been fixed. Obviously not and because the ticket has been closed, I have now got to wait another 5 days for another engineer to come out to find the fault. Apart from talk talk, I have never come across such poor service, with such an archaic process for repairs. Plusnet, you are pathetic.

10 REPLIES 10
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Plusnet and Openreach

To be fair to PlusNet the 'archaic process for repairs' is the same process all ISP's who use OpenReach infrastructure rely on.

I guess there is noting stopping you complaining directly to OpenReach - might get something fixed quicker.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitComplaint.do

Edge-2RTR

I have tried to raise a complaint with openreach, but they don’t let you, you can only go through your supplier.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing with your phone line.

Unfortunately, we can't raise a complaint to Openreach with regards to service issues.

I can see we've got another engineer visit booked in. Can you let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Edge-2RTR

What do you mean, you can’t complain about service issues, what use are you then, when they don’t do their job properly?

i can’t believe I’m dealing with such substandard processing. So you’re quite happy when you pay them to waste peoples time. This is a very bad r3flection on Plusnet. I understand that your customer relations is obviously to the point of not caring, but to be happy with paying for work not done is unbelievable.

Also, what is the complaint procedure, or is that ignored as well?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Probably best if I expand on my previous post.

Instances where we can raise a complaint with Openreach generally include where the quality of the engineering work done at your property is suspect, an engineer has caused damage to your property, or the Openreach network is unsafe.

Unfortunately raising a complaint in this case would unlikely speed up the resolution of the fault as it doesn't meet the criteria, nor would it mean we wouldn't have to arrange another engineer visit.

Worth noting that when we are able to raise a complaint we'd generally hear back 7 working days later.

I feel that another engineer visit is the quickest way to resolving this to arrange for this to be resolved.

Also, what is the complaint procedure, or is that ignored as well?

Our complaints process can be found here which is at the bottom of every plus.net/ page.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Edge-2RTR

I know you are trying to sound oh so efficient in your answer, but once again you miss the point, or are not capable of grasping it; everything has been done over and over again, so who is to blame? I grasp that you are trying to say me, but your service is severely lacking, I am sat here after 3 months without a proper service, going through two suppliers, with the same standard of poor customer service, allowing openreach to provide the same poor standard of substandard workmanship. You can try and be as patronising as you like, but in the end, I am paying for a service that you are not providing. So don’t try and be smug in your answer, as you end up looking more stupid than you are.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to hear you feel that I'm trying to be patronising or smug. I was just stating facts.

Once this is resolved, we'll be happy to provide a refund of your subscription charges for the affected services for the duration your services have been in fault and reported to us.

In addition, I'll be happy to personally follow up after the engineer visit and try to make sure things are moving towards a resolution. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Edge-2RTR

I understand your frustration but we who have been around this forum for a bit will advise that @Gandalf is one of the good guys around here and your best bet to get things moving in the right direction. As such he deserves to be treated with respect.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Edge-2RTR

A simple answer to your comment, so do I 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Edge-2RTR 

Reall sorry if you believe anything @Gandalf said came across as disrespectful in any way, shape or form - I can assure you that would not have been his intention whatsoever.

We always want our customers to feel respected and as though they could come to us with any and all issues knowing we will be able to sort them out quickly and efficiently. I hope once we see the back of this fault we will be able to have that kind of relationship going forward!

In regards to the fault and Engineer visit, I see from looking at this ticket on your account that the visit is scheduled for an AM appointment tomorrow [04/04/18], could you please let us know how this goes? 

I have spoken to Gandalf today and he has confirmed that he will follow up after this date.

Please accept our continued apologies whilst we work on fixing this for you.

Thank You