cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet address not matching with Openreach address

treyn2021

Plusnet address not matching with Openreach address

Hello-I'd be very grateful if someone can help me.

I had BT fibre broadband fitted to the house 4 weeks ago which was supposed to be a transfer from Plusnet, including my home number, but put in as a new service. The transfer now can't complete as Openreach has a different address to Plusnet. The Openreach address is the right one.

I have been trying to explain to Plusnet help, but although they said it has been changed, it still hasn't after 2 weeks.  BT have also been trying to correct it, but after numerous calls with them, I still have two services.

I believe now that an ORDI should be raised/completed, but it obviously hasn't been.

I know it would be easier to just cancel with Plusnet and use the new number I have with BT but the boss (wife!) says no. What can I do? Anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet address not matching with Openreach address

Hi @treyn2021 thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the issues with getting your address corrected.

The address on our side wouldn't actually affect this (Although I've checked and that's correct), the problem is that your line isn't registered at your address on Openreach's systems. I've submitted an ORDI now.

I can't say what happened with the previous ORDI we've raised, but I'm monitoring this moving forward. 

I'll provide an update as soon as I know more, which should be within the next 5 working days. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
treyn2021

Hi - Thanks for your prompt reply. We've been here for 14 years and the address changed within 6 months of us being here and it's been a problem a few times with Openreach not updating the address in the past. Ordering fibre has brought it to the fore. BT has told me that Openreach did have the correct address now and it was up to Plusnet to update my phone line address before the number could be transferred. Hopefully, all will be sorted now. Thanks again. Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me Tony

No problem, aye I can see Openreach do have your address on their systems, but your phone line we're providing isn't registered there, which I suspect is what BT were trying to say. 

I'll make sure we get this sorted for you Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet