cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Support = Waste of space

Tulipbicycle

Plusnet Support = Waste of space

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Joined the FTTP trial on 1 May, sometime between 8 & 12 May the landline just stopped working (no dial tone, does not ring for incoming calls though calling phone hears ringing) even when plugged into master socket.
Broadband still works, presumably because it's not using the copper cable any more.
Reported the fault to Plusnet who went through all the rigmarole of "have you tried a different phone, have you plugged your phone into the socket behind the master socket face-plate?" to which the answers were both yes.
Received a text within a few minutes to say that the fault had been reported to their wholesale supplier - but since then, nothing has changed, and there has been no engineer visit, also no contact by email or mobile phone even though I have placed two more follow-up support requests on the website.
I don't think that it's acceptable for a fault to be left unresolved for days and for the customer to be left in the dark like this, and am seriously considering moving back to BT, so that i have one port of call to resolve any future faults.
Does anyone have any advice on ways that Plusnet Support can be motivated to actually do something?
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet Support = Waste of space

It is a trial to find the issues.  If you want 100% guaranteed working phoneline/ADSL line then don't enter trials.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the lack of response, from checking on the fault it seems an issue has been found in the local exchange. We've also been given an estimated fix date of tomorrow, so I'd expect it to be sorted then for you.
I will make sure to check what's happening with the fault ticket though, as that certainly should have been updated.
Tulipbicycle

Matt -  Smiley  thank you for the update indicating that the fault IS at the exchange and will hopefully be fixed tomorrow.  If I'd been given this information by the support team, I would not have needed to go public with this blog.
Gus - your response is not helpful - even people who join a trial are still entitled to support if there are problems.