cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Support Communication Method

mag
Grafter

Plusnet Support Communication Method

On Sunday 10th December I lost home phone and fibre internet broadband connections. The cause was a traffic accident demolishing the BT cabinets at the bottom of my road.

I raised the fault with plusnet and pointed out to them that where I live mobile phone signal is very poor, and mobile data is untenable. Text is the only useful method of communication until broadband is restored.

I have provided two mobile contact numbers that plusnet can use. I have also pointed out that my home phone is the emergency contact number held by Careline for a disabled alarm pendant wearer.

They said they would log the fault. I received no confirmatory text.

I phoned again and they recorded the fault again. This time I did receive a text indicating a resolution date of 15/12/17 at which point they would update me. This date passed with no text update.

Occasionally, like now, I go somewhere where I can access email.

I can see that two questions were opened, 164039852 and 164084881, and there are 5 emails regarding them. I have had one text.

Firstly, I am hoping that one of the Plusnet Staff Help Team here on the forum can help ensure that communications by email are backed (in summary) by text in future.

Secondly, the latest update received by email (but not text) was:
'We have checked for an update on your fault and our suppliers have advised that this has now been allocated to a BT engineer to investigate further. We will continue to monitor this and update you as soon as further information is available.
The fault is part of a common fault and on the passed for cable renewal work which has been passed to our suppliers contractors. The estimated response time for this to be completed is by midnight on 22/12/17, Due to the Christmas period we will not be able to obtain a further update until 27/12/17
Please note if an engineer visits your premises and is unable to gain access or if the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT socket a charge of £115 plus VAT will apply.
If you have any queries relating to this fault please reply to this ticket via the Plusnet members centre: http://contactus.plus.net. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 028 0282 or 0300 123 6123.'

This (especially the last bit) is possibly the least supporting response I have ever seen from a commercial support team.

Basically, it is saying, without any regret for the loss of service, that you're all soon off for a Christmas, oh, and by the way if a BT engineer happens to knock at any time and I'm not there to let him in I'll be charged £115. No mention of their making appointments. Really?

Thirdly, to try to finish on a positive note, both times I called I got through to someone with minimal delay, so well done for that.

It may be some time before I can get back online to check any response to this.

Thanks

Dave

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Plusnet Support Communication Method

Hi Dave.

Apologies for the problems you're experiencing with your phone line.

Firstly, I am hoping that one of the Plusnet Staff Help Team here on the forum can help ensure that communications by email are backed (in summary) by text in future.

I'm moving the ticket on your account to my teams workflow, so we can make sure of that.

Secondly, the latest update received by email (but not text) was:

Basically, it is saying, without any regret for the loss of service, that you're all soon off for a Christmas, oh, and by the way if a BT engineer happens to knock at any time and I'm not there to let him in I'll be charged £115. No mention of their making appointments. Really?

We'd only charge you for an engineer visit if we schedule an appointment with yourself and the engineer is unable to gain access. Apologies that we didn't make it as clear as I would've liked.

Thirdly, to try to finish on a positive note, both times I called I got through to someone with minimal delay, so well done for that.

Happy to hear that!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mag
Grafter

Thanks Anoush. Since you got involved communication has been by my chosen method and accurate.

All is currently working.

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems Dave, I'm glad to hear it's all sorted.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet