cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Messd Up!

jamvanderham

Plusnet Messd Up!

I have tried to migrate my service from Plusnet, yesterday morning My Fibre went over fine and all as well.
I have now woke up this morning to discover that Plusnet have had my phone line stopped, so I now have no internet and a non usable phone line.
I confirmed with my new supplier that it is Plusnet who have cancelled the line, this is backed up by none of the ADSL checkers recognising it as a working phone number.
When ever I've called Plusnet they have said they have done nothing ring and they need to cancel my line for a new provider to take it on (which even I know is nonsense), yet they are adamant they have done nothing wrong.
Has anyone had this before and know how this gets resolved a.s.a.p.
6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Plusnet Messd Up!

I'm really sorry to see your line has been ceased during your migration away. Unfortunately this was an error made by someone in our billing department. I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
I have passed feedback on to the person who made this error and I will also pass feedback on regarding the advisor who said this was required for your new provider to take the line over.
In terms of getting this resolved asap, unfortunately there is not much we would be able to do to assist with this matter, it would be quicker for your new provider to get you online as opposed to us getting the connection back to then have your new provider take the service over.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jamvanderham

Person who made the error?
In all 3 phone calls with Plusnet today I have been assured it was Openreach who made the error, not Plusnet!
My new provider has confirmed it was Plusnet who made the error, yet each time I have questioned this with you I get assured it isn't.
I want to know once and for all, who made the error and how does it get fixed?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

In terms of the line being stopped. This was our error.
Quote from: HarryB
Unfortunately this was an error made by someone in our billing department. I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

In regards to getting it fixed:
Quote from: HarryB
In terms of getting this resolved asap, unfortunately there is not much we would be able to do to assist with this matter, it would be quicker for your new provider to get you online as opposed to us getting the connection back to then have your new provider take the service over.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jamvanderham

If it's your fault why am I on the phone to yet another advisor assuring me this is not Plusnets fault?
jamvanderham

Still on hold, but just to point out that if it is a Plusnet error maybe I should not have been sent this email

"I am very sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused.  I have looked into the order that we have placed to cease the line at your property, When looking into the details I can see that that we asked openreach not to remove the line plant (The line from the exchange to the cabinet) and they have gone and removed it regardless.  I contacted openreach in regards to this for a little bit more information the agent I spoke to advised that they don't know why the line plant has been removed"
Doesn't really fit in with the fact it's Plusnets fault does it?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looking at the ticket that was left on your account this morning, the advisors notes state the following:
I have looked into the order that we have placed to cease the line at your property

The error made was ceasing the line at the property. They did not say we haven't ceased the line.
As much as I would like to help you with this matter, the best course of action isn't to call us, it would be to contact your new provider and request they get orders in place asap Undecided
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet