cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Home Phone hasn't arrived

intractable

Plusnet Home Phone hasn't arrived

The title is pretty self explanatory really, it'l be 2 weeks tommorow since I signed a 12 month contract.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Home Phone hasn't arrived

Hi there and welcome to the community forums.
What issues are you having? I ask as the service was activated on 11/11.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
intractable

The Home Phone (Hardware) has not been delivered to my house.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You don't get any home phone hardware - you have to buy your own phone if that is what you are talking about. A router is different but that is for broadband and is normally sent out a couple of days before the broadband is due to be active
intractable

Ah alright, I just thought it was a bit weird Plusnet giving me a number and not sending any hardware.
picbits
Rising Star

Generally unless otherwise specified, telephone company providers leave it up to the customer to provide their own telephones as there is such a wide choice out there.
It could be that you needed a telephone with larger numbers, a cordless phone or a phone with special features such as an answerphone. Due to the low cost of such equipment these days, it would be pointless for a telephone company to provide a "generic" telephone for this purpose.
I vaguely remember British Telecom providing a phone back in the "old days" but also charging a rental price for this equipment.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Indeed they did, and the line rental covered the internal wiring too!
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: picbits
It could be that you needed a telephone with larger numbers, a cordless phone or a phone with special features such as an answerphone. Due to the low cost of such equipment these days, it would be pointless for a telephone company to provide a "generic" telephone for this purpose.

Wouldn't life be simpler if ISPs were brave enough to do the same with broadband hardware Smiley
It could be that you needed a router with more ports, wireless or a router with special features such as VPN etc. Due to the low cost of such equipment these days, it would be pointless for an ISP to provide a "generic" router for this purpose.
OT, but serious comment...
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

^ agreed ^
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.