cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Home Phone - What's the point?

ClaretMatt
Grafter

Plusnet Home Phone - What's the point?

OK, a reasonable debate here.  I have Plusnet Pro, and I'm hunting around for a better deal with Home Phone...
As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no advantage in switching my home phone over to Plusnet.  There are no package discounts and the cost of calls and extras is modest at best.  I so very much want to leave Sky Talk but I simply don't have a reason nor incentive to do so.  The line rental will be fractionally less with Plusnet, however I will have to pay extra for Caller Display, something which I currently enjoy FOC with Sky.
As far as I can tell, if I recommend someone onto Plusnet I will save money on my Broadband.  Great.  But if I decide to switch my home telephone on my own initiative I get nothing.  Would it be so painful to translate the referrer discount into a package discount where no referral has taken place?
Just my two penneth and I apologise if I've missed something glaringly obvious Wink
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Home Phone - What's the point?

not 100% sure where you looked as the prices on show have been up the creak recently, now OK I think, but caller dislay is £0.99 per month and you get voice mail (answer phone) and  1471 for free
ClaretMatt
Grafter

My line rental with Sky is £11 a month from September 1st
pierre_pierre
Grafter

£0.05 more than PN.  But what free calls do you get, the PN anytime Eve& Weekend in unlimited, and for another £5.00 its any time day & night
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well for me I am still with BT  >:(, they are cheaper than plusnet for free eve-w/e calls and I get FREE cid someting I would have to pay for with plusnet, I don't phone abroad so the "free" minutes there are wasted on me.
I have the free voip package with plusnet and use that for my daytime calls Grin 
ClaretMatt
Grafter

Sky are free in the Evenings and Weekend too.  I'm not having to pay for CID or Voicemail.
Again, the international calls are of no use to me.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I decided to get plusnets home phone for a few reasons,not in ant particular order the reasons are as follows...
1.Broadband and phone in one bill to make things less confusing.
2.free voicemail(im sure on bt i had to make atleast 2 chargeable calls a month to get free voicemail and caller id)
3.should a problem occur with my broadband then having the line with plusnet too should make it easier to fix things
4.free min to international calls which im sure is great for anyone who needs it
5.free calls to plusnet if my broadband fails or any other problem arises.
Finally. no 12 month contract Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.