Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Email or message contact

DavCee
Hooked

Plusnet Email or message contact

Hi,

Used Plusnet Broadband service fo many years with very few problems, I am think of moving my BT landline to Plusnet and looking for Plusnet Email or message contact. Because of past experience of telephone contact service I do not wish to discuss over the phone.

Tried their Chat service but that also failed.

Anyone got info on Email contact?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Plusnet Email or message contact

@DavCee wrote:

Anyone got info on Email contact?

Plusnet don't have an email address for service, faults, etc.

I would think you can probably do what you want onlne, via the 'Offers and Upgrades' link on the member centre home page .

I can't try this myself as I already have Home Phone.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
DavCee
Hooked

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

Tried that.... only two results... 1... it offers me a online chat, but disconnects me when I tell them I am existing customer.

2... Second offer of adding a landline phone service at 33% more expensive than their offer on my Plusnet account page !

I have a number of questions I wish to confirm with Plusnet, past telephone CS experience has not been good.

Have a choice to make... Combine my Broadband and phone line with... BT (not likely due to their costs). Plusnet ( a maybe, but concerned with problems with changeover), Leave both BT and Plusnet and go to other supplier( I have a choice of 4 others on ADSL) and one other on Fibre (Openreach does not have fibre in my area, and no future date)

Would prefer to write my concerns to Plusnet and have written response

They used to have a message system, but guess it stopped many years ago.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hello @DaveCee

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you want to leave Plusnet Unfortunately we’re not able to cancel your contract here or via message. Please call 0800 013 2632 and my colleague will be able to help or advise you on how to transfer your services to a new provider. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
DavCee
Hooked

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I would confirm I have cancelled(ceased) my Plusnet broadband service.
My Plusnet Broadband speed has always been slow and troublesome, caused by cabinet to house old type alloy cabling. They were marked for replacement about 10 to 15 years ago, but Openreach has never done the work. I can only guess they make more money from repeated faults, but BT and other companies have lost many customers caused by the cable problems. My recent line speed test showed 5.89 Mbps Down and 0.84 Mbps Up.. this was a good day ... my nearby neighbour gets about 1Mbps Down and about 0.4 Up... he's on plusnet too. Openreach Fibre is not available and no future date set. We have cable fibre, but the cable company is not great to deal with.

Having looked at mobile broadband I find that I have line of sight to a 4G mobile mast... about 1 mile or less away. Running a speed test I have 43.5 Mbps Down and 10.44 Mbps Up! this is inside my brick built house, without a external aerial. It also looks like 5G is soon to arrive in my area.

Call costs with both BT and Plusnet are also crazy, being more than 5 times the cost of a PAYG mobile call.

I would have hoped companies Like BT, Plusnet, etc, would look at their services/costs they provide to new and current customers and compare with mobile suppliers.

Going the mobile route saves me 50% and calls are free ! This is without any special offers or contracts.