FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Plusnet Call Protect

All sorted @djh22 Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Many thanks Jack, sorry for the inconvenience I've caused.

Del.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

No problem at all Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

pnPhorum
Grafter

Hi

I am mainly interested in the Call Protect at this stage [ which I now waiting activation] but,
can we add / remove numbers online?

Which would be MORE of a 2018 feature, rather than 1950s ?

In my case I have a VERY long list already which we screen through a answer machine!

I hope so or it would be a useful tool but archaic.

Not only useful to add numbers in block, but also a single number - you can actually see what you are doing etc.

Seems reasonable?

If this is not an option, I call all customers to quote my post to make it like a 'Petition' from customers that pay regularly every month and I pay for 2 Fibre + Phone + Mobile deal and a Mobile phone and for us is imperative to have that possibility!

Thank you in advance for PlusNet generally great service - with a few hiccups!

PS would not be surprised if PlusNet will use this as an excuse to make us pay for a few kb space in their servers!

djh22
Aspiring Pro

I don't think you can manage call protect online apart from requesting it of course, if there is I haven't found it on my account yet, pity 'cos BT have it online so I guess PN is just a cut down version of it, I can highly recommend it though,I've activated "Do not disturb" and  have entered my important numbers as VIP so they can still get through but all the nuisance calls get blocked - brilliant imo.

Cheers.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @pnPhorum,

I do apologise but Plusnet Call Protect is not a product that you can update through your member centre. Plusnet do not have control over the usability of the product as it is not our system.

As you mentioned you are able to personalise the list of numbers that you do not want contact from, but this can only be processed through the handset by dialing 1572 and entering each number as required.

I hope this helps.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Warwick

You mention entering each number as required if you do not want contact from them but how do you remove the oldest blocked number from 1572 to allow a new entry please. As I have mentioned before I cannot add any calls to block as they are both full.

You also say P/N do not have control over the usability of the product as it is not P/N's system, presume it is B/T's system and if so why don't we get the full system

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Warwick

Is it possible for P/N to reset Call protect so that the numbers added are removed then I can start again adding them please.

pnPhorum
Grafter

... good call, but in my view, #Plusnet should ask #BT mother-ship to 'simply' add Computer control withing Plusnet control panel.

That is it, it does not require a team of 24 scientists to do, just ONE IT Technician to actually enable it within the panel or eventually Website Designer to add a page that links to BT servers ... you get that Plusnet!

After all we are giving you hundreds of £££ per year and in my case twice as that!!!

Maybe we should move to BT directly and get that too?

mmm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@mort7890, I've asked our products team for clarification and if this is possible. Will post back when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

I agree, plusnet call protect would be much easier to use if it had a web gui like BT does.

Del.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This exposes the farce of the original split between BT the retailer and BT the infrastructure provider.

When BT was ‘one’ there were tools which allowed an end user to report faults and manage phone service functions. When Ofcom split the group, somehow or other, end user network tools slipped into the clutches of the Retail division rather than remaining with the infrastructure division and being made available to all users of the network, not just those paying over the odds with BT Retail.

That bad legacy lives on in the shape of each CP needing to reinvent the same wheels as those already developed by BT Openreach. It’s a silly farce.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro

@Gandalf

This is now getting rediculous surely clarification does not take as long as this.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Plusnet call protect does not have any web based configuration and probably never will. Is that enough clarification for you.Smiley

mort7890
Pro

@RealAleMadrid

The answer to your reply is catagorically No.

The question I asked was

Is it possible for P/N to reset Call protect so that the numbers added are removed then I can start again adding them please.

I am still waiting clarification after 2 weeks.