Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call Protect

FIXED
rob22
Dabbler

Plusnet Call Protect

Hi

Tried phoning - no luck as yet. I want to activate the above feature, but it comes up with an statement saying ' Unable to change any call features, product change in progress' . Not aware of any product changes in progress on my account, so can someone please sort this, as I am getting nuisance calls that I want to block. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Plusnet Call Protect

Plusnet call protect will not help you much. Most nuisance callers spoof the numbers so they are constantly changing. You need a phone that has proper call blocking using the Truecall system. There are BT phones that use this and probably other brands. Callers from numbers that you expect can be white-listed so get through, others are blocked before the phone rings and are questioned so most dodgy callers and automatic dialling systems give up at that point. There is also a confusing menu system to set it all up using your phone. BT have a web based version that would be preferable. I have never even tried to use it as I know it would be a nightmare.😫

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Fix

Hi @rob22 Smiley I can see you have a billing system issue on the account, so I've raised a task with our back office. I'll update you on the open question number on your account once I have an update!

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
rob22
Dabbler

Hi Realalemadrid

It seems to be the same number about three times a day, except on weekends, maybe I'll need to try something else, but I need this issue fixed anyway. Thanks for the reply.

alanpeter
Hooked

I am also unable to activate Plusnet Call Protect because I am stuck with the permanent message "An error has occurred”.

You can't change your products for the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed. Please try again later."

I DO NOT HAVE ANY ORDERS!!

This has now been going on for weeks and when I managed to contact Plusnet after a VERY long wait I was told it was a problem with the web interface and nothing to do with them!!

This is very annoying and nothing is being done about it.

Apparently the problem can be fixed with manual intervention to remove the error but no one seems to be willing to do this.

So please can something be done as after all "Call Protect" is advertised as being part of the phone package I am paying for but not unfortunately receiving.

Thanks

alanpeter

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and subsequently removed.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @alanpeter

Sorry to read you're having some trouble with the activation of the Plusnet protect service, from checking over the account it appears to be an internal issue from this side. I'm monitoring this for you and will get provide updates via this ticket here

As an aside our Plusnet call protect is a free service, although I appreciate it's part of your package so may seem that way. 

Thanks and take care. 

alanpeter
Hooked

Hi Maddy

I am sad to report that I am still unable to activate Plusnet Call Protect and continue to get the same error

"An error has occurred”. You can't change your products for the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed. Please try again later."

This has being going on since the very start of my Plusnet subscription, what action so far has been taken to enable this service to work as intended? When is it hoped that it will be available to me?

As far as your aside is concerned it is well established principle in consumer law that any offer used as an inducement to encourage a purchase or subscription to any service to occur becomes part of that said contract.

I am sure that if you booked a holiday that offered FREE transfers to your hotel but after paying for the holiday and arriving at the destination you were told that the transfer was not available unless you paid for an alternative service you would be considering legal action against the travel agent even if the travel agent told you that it was free and therefore they did not need to provide it if they so decided!

Best of Regards

Alan.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @alanpeter, I can see that Maddy has ownership and looking in to this for you and will get back to you when she has an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team