Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call Protect

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plusnet Call Protect

This page - https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/plusnet-call-protect  says that an added feature is "Do not disturb" but I can not find a way of adding this feature either by dialing 1572 or on the account screen. Can someone please advise.

Many thanks.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link fixed.

34 REPLIES 34
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Plusnet Call Protect

That link gives a 404 error, also it is within broadband, not phone as might be expected.

Can you please advise how you navigated to that page please?

DO NOT DISTURB is not a feature I recall Plusnet offering... Undecided

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Link fixed and quote from page...

Additional Features

• The Do not Disturb setting means that all calls will either be sent to your normal 1571 voicemail or your 1572 junk voicemail if they feature on your diverted list. For those times when you really want some peace and quiet!
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just came up on a web search for Plusnet call protect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks - so is there a Do not disturb feature that can be over ridden by a Vip list same as on BT call protect ?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Fix

Hi @Anonymous

Hers some info about PCP included the Do Not Disturb function and how to access / use it ; 

Call Protect MenuDial 1572

Main Menu

1. Press 1 to add the last answered call to your diverted caller list.
  2. Press 2 to remove the last entry from your diverted caller list.
  3. Press 3 to listen to your 1572 messages.
  4. Press 4 to change your personal options including –
    Plusnet's diverted list
    Your diverted list
    Diverted call groups
    VIP list
    DND settings
    Or hold to hear these menu options again

Hope this helps 

djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi, yes this has help me a great deal.I have been getting nuisance calls at the rate of about 4 day for the past few months.I have now been able to turn on Do not disturb and have input a list of my VIP callers that can still get through to me even when Do not disturb is turned on.

So hopefully I will no longer get nuisance calls.

Many thanks for your help, it really is appreciated.

Sorry but I coudn't find a "this fixed my problem" button.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I note that you do not appear to be the "owner" (originator) of this topic … or are @Anonymous and @djh22 two personas of the same real person?  Only the originator of the topic has the option of identifying the post which helped them fix their problem.

If yes, you should be aware that the mods do get a bit firm with people having two logins. Knuppel

I can imagine innocent reasons for this happening … possibly a sign up issue or the lss of the password to the original account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Oh dear ! looks like I'm going to be flung in jail and fed dried biscuits and water for my sins.

Yes you are quite correct Townman, I do have 2 profiles,one from when I was with PN many years ago for which I could not remember the password (being of an age) and as the email address I used for that has since sailed down the river in flames I could not reset it, but as you can see the password turns out to be the same for both.So I set up a new username and password this morning for me to use now that I'm back with PN from "the other place" I am happy for a mod to delete one of these profiles or even both as I probably won't need them in jail Embarrassed

Best,

Del.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83 - can you intercede please?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Hi @djh22, I see that you have 3 accounts, please let me know which one you'd like to keep hold of and I will remove the others.
Many thanks,
Jack

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Jack,

In sorting this, will posts for the removed accounts be reattributed to the remaining account or will they go "anonymous"?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

They would become anonymous.

Also any @ tags for the deleted account would be removed.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Hi JaR, 3 accounts ! wow I have been busy, I can't remember the third account,I guess that would be the oldest of the 3 therefore I guess it would be best to stick with that one. could you remind me of it by PM or email please.

Apologies for the inconvenience I have caused.

Ta,

Del.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Hi Jack, please keep djh22 and delete the others. I'm having problems with djh06 as I've forgotten the password and can't seem to get it reset. djh22 will be fine thanks and it will put me in line with my BT Community forum account.

Thanks for your help.