cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call Protect

Millik

Re: Plusnet Call Protect

I must say that since I applied Call Protect I have seen no reduction in nuisance calls. I had 4 obvious international calls yesterday. From my experience it is pretty ineffective. I don't have caller display but this should not make any difference. I am thinking of switching the caller protect off and subscribing to caller display so I can select to answer or not. Having said that, they will just keep calling you until you have to answer to tell them to get lost!

Walter
Rising Star

Mallik, it seems the settings you have to make by your handset to 1572 have not been successfully saved. Set them up again. It is slow and painful but you need them correct. My surprise is you cannot do this on line and check the settings. BT did not "reach out" far enough! Look back up this thread and you find a useful file to download making you choices easier to follow. Stick with it, also I have no Caller identification.
Walter
Rising Star

Tnx HarryB, could you pursuade the web masters to put the settings on line and make everything much easier as well as being able to check the settings made.🤔
trevbrierley

I agree it should be possible to manage the features online.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Walter wrote:
could you pursuade the web masters to put the settings on line and make everything much easier as well as being able to check the settings made.🤔

While I'm afraid I can't make any guarantees of if/when this may be something we can offer, I have already passed feedback regarding this on to the relevant people.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Walter
Rising Star

"Simples" £1.50 is much more than I use on phone calls. If broadband was separate from the phone I would not have a phone. Now 1572 keeps my phone silent most of the time, not one dodgy call in about 3 weeks!
mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just moved my line back to Plusnet after my half-price line rental supplier packed in.

Consolation prize is Call Protect which was simple to set up and has stopped the PPI, Double Glazing, Boiler replacement etc calls.

On line config would be a bonus, but it solves the problem beautifully so I'm not carping about the lack.

First time I've had cause to congratulate PN!

Smiley

bucksboy
Dabbler

Why is this Call protect service so secretive !? it's like finding Lord Lucan to get info. It should be fully explained on your account telephone section and ALL the options and how it works clearly shown.

Today I had to ask customer services to switch it on, but long wait so tried chat, yep got it done ( it's free/part of your package cost so why have to ask for it to be switched on by Plusnet, should be self selected in all it's aspects .

Come on Plusnet this sort of thing makes customers queries and ties up your lines for real issues.

mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You just need  to go to the "Home Phone Control Panel"

Select "Call Features" tab and enable "Plusnet call protect"

No need to tie up CS getting them to enable it for you and takes only a few seconds.

Its all reasonably intuitive...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi there,

If it helps, there's also a handy guide on the Plusnet Call Protect: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/plusnet-call-protect

Let us know if you have any question or issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bucksboy
Dabbler

Have now sort of navigated the dark arts of having Caller Protect...grief what a palarva ! Mixed info from Plusnet, they have to do it so ring customer services...long wait so used chat helpful lady did it. But then how does it work and how do you actually use it?? 

Customers on here begging for a printed crib sheet or link to some help, questions , questions ? Why Plusnet do you make it so hard? It should be a pleasure to have and to use. Even when you do get replies or some guidance it then throws up even more questions. Like how do you do a \ slash on a land line key pad?  As in Plusnet help advice for... block calls from withheld numbers press \*227 hash ????

bucksboy
Dabbler

Thanks for info but I was told by Plusnet ( when renewing my contract) that I had to get customer services to do it, so I rang them....long wait so used chat later and helpful lady fixed it ( why won't chat work if you have adblock on? it's not for Plusnet to say how you set up your P.C)

But then the fun starts how does the thing actually work? just look at all the posts asking this and wanting a simple crib sheet with info and instructions. Surely Plusnet this helpful feature should be made easy for folk to find, set up and use.

Last bit in one of the 'help' pages I found under Block calls from withheld numbers it says....press \*227 hash how do you do a forward or backward slash on a landline phone key pad?

Ta

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

"why won't chat work if you have adblock on? it's not for Plusnet to say how you set up your P.C".

Me thinks you does protest too much; simple to add the PN WWW to your ad blocker exceptions list.

If you object, you can't use CHAT...simples.

bucksboy
Dabbler

Its not about protesting to much or otherwise Gel, point is if I just want to use 'chat' to sort out stuff to do with my account, why do I have to have adverts?

Anyway your tip.... what do I put in the exceptions/white list  thing is it PN www ? or something else please?

Thing is you see not all of are it savvy and all this stuff assumes we are !

Thanks