Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call Protect

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet Call Protect

I'm afraid not.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
trevbrierley

I wondered why I couldn't find it!  

I switched from BT recently and assumed it would be the same as their version - with online management of features.  

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Had a 2nd call today, from a number I added to "blocking" list; the number that appears is "00", so was surprised
system accepted.
JohnofYork
Grafter

"for example if you choose to avoid international numbers you can set it up so that your family abroad can still reach you."

is there anywhere which describes how to do this?

can be it done online or only on the phone?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@JohnofYork It has to be done via the phone I'm afraid.

You can find the instructions here under the 'How do I use call features?' tab

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MM263
Hooked

@JohnofYork

You need to add the numbers to your VIP list.  I haven't tested how well this works but understand you need to use the international prefix for the caller's nation and that you need to include any UK registered mobiles (0044) which will be used abroad.  It is a laborious process but the number is repeated back to you to confirm it has been entered correctly. If you turn the VIP feature off you seem to lose all the numbers.  Please see updated version of my table of features which is not complete and may contain some errors.

JohnofYork
Grafter

Thanks Matthew

However, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of detail on that page you directed me to. Is that really the best PN can do with instructions?

John

blairjones
Hooked

It's a shame that you can't set up the numbers to block/accept online, but maybe that facility will come some day.
I think it's also a shame that the quick facility to block the last call's number is only available if you have actually answered the call. I tend to ignore calls from all unknown numbers. I do Google them afterwards just to check who it was. Mostly Google confirms that ignoring the call was a good decision. It's a shame that I have to then manually enter these numbers to block them.

Wonderful facility though. I'm very grateful that we now have it available. No doubt the spammers are busy working on ways to bypass the system though!

My phone has been wonderfully quiet since setting the facility up! 

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Had an issue today, presumably because of Call Protect, in that regular caller hears "This phone has chosen not to accept your call".
I've definitely not added the calling number to divert, and went through ponderous process of going through 1572 to listen to them all; what a long winded palaver.  Sad

Had a CHAT session to see if they had visibility on block and suggested it could have been reported as following:

"The number may have been blacklisted by our suppliers as multiple users may have reported the number as a nuisance number"

That's highly improbable, so it's suggested I add calling number to my VIP list and there won't be issue.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Did adding them to the VIP list fix the issue Gel?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gel
Aspiring Champion

YES; but this doesn't explain why that number was being diverted in first place!

Also when 1572 message service started working for me, there was a message from when they originally

tried to call;  however, there was no message tone sounding on phone; does this only trigger for 1571 messages?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm querying a few things with our products team regarding call protect. Would you mind dropping me a PM with the number(s) that were being blocked please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Walter
Rising Star

I set up the barred calls a couple of weeks ago and have not had a scam call since. I barred unknown numbers, foreign numbers, and unid entified numbers. Come to think of it the phone had never been so quiet!
I could not help a chuckle today when Plus meet phoned my mobile and said they could not through on my Plus net landline!
Quote 'I don't believe it'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Happy to hear it's working well for you Walter!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear it's working well for you @Walter Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet