Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Call Protect activation

GW1

H Customer Service team,

I have requested for this to be activated since early 2020 and have phoned the call centre once since then. I was told this would get fixed but I never got sent a response or a ticket number via text or email (it was some time during national coronavirus lockdown no 1).  The service did not get activated....

This is still open as awaiting activation today. I can't get through to the call centre every time I try ..

I do need this service installed urgently by now. Can you please help asap?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Plusnet Call Protect activation

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Feedback to Home Phone

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @GW1 

I'm really sorry for the delay. Unfortunately there are a small number of exchanges where Call Protect isn't compatible with the exchange equipment, and I'm afraid that this is the case with the exchange your service is provided from. We've tried to add Call Protect but we get the error that it's "incompatible with the exchange type of the installation". 

I've removed the 'awaiting activation' flag in your account now as it's not possible to add the feature.

You may have to explore other ways to stop nuisance calls from coming through. We've got a handy guide here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/stop-nuisance-calls/ if it helps.

Let us know if you've got any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AJ0704
Dabbler

I have the same problem - the change request sitting open for months.  What that does is stop me from doing anything regarding looking at deals etc.

How do I get that closed off?

Thanks