cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet vs madasafish Home Phone Package Differences

bobboulby
Grafter

PlusNet vs madasafish Home Phone Package Differences

I was talking to a colleague at work today about our Broadband providers. He is with madasafish and I was aware that they have recently merged with PlusNet. He was also saying that he was thinking of taking their home phone product and I said that if the package was the same as PlusNet's then I would recommend it.
When we returned to our desks, we looked up the madasafish home phone details and I was surprised to see that on the surface, it looked to have some benefits over and above those available to PlusNet customers - specifically, 1571 included in the £9.99 basic cost and "5% off calls made to 5 numbers of your choice including international and mobile phone numbers with Favourite Five.".
Am I right in thinking that this is basically the same home phone offering branded for either PlusNet or madasafish? If so, have PlusNet any plans to extend these additional benefits to PlusNet Home Phone users?
Bob
[Edited to correct error - 1471 changed to 1571]
11 REPLIES 11
nadger
Rising Star

Re: PlusNet vs madasafish Home Phone Package Differences

Just checking my PN phone package and 141, 1471, 1471 call return, 1471 call erasure are included for free.
bobboulby
Grafter

Sorry my mistake - I meant 1571 for which PlusNet charge £1.00.
The madasafish web site says:
Voicemail Standard - FREE
Voicemail Standard will pick up when your line is engaged or not answered.
Stores up to 10 messages and records messages up to 2 minutes long.
Warns you when your message box is nearly full.

Bob
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: bobboulby
He is with madasafish and I was aware that they have recently merged with PlusNet.

Madasafish (Brightview) and Plusnet are now sharing some infrastructure and are both owned by BT but I don't think that it can be said that they have merged. They are still administered separately.
bobboulby
Grafter

Fair enough.
It looked like basically the same product so I assumed that it had been lifted from PlusNet. It would be nice to have the extra features  Wink
Bob
Mand
Grafter

Hi there Bob,
Madasafish were purchased by BT recently, and are now a part of PlusNet in terms of operations.
They are slightly different in terms of packages, and there are a few things I'm trying to persuade our products team to adopt for PlusNet that work very well on Madasafish (and some features which PlusNet have that aren't available on Madasafish so it works both ways :)).
We're currently looking at a re-jig of our Home Phone products, so it may well come up for more discussion.
Not applicable

Mand - hope that the things that work well on Madasafish include one or two call features such as voicemail included in the package. This would make absolutely unbeatable, particularly in comparison with BT.  I know that you are looking at this so I'm keeping fingers crossed.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

There has been an outstanding issue PUGIT 357  for some time now.  There were a number of items in the original Pugit which have since been addressed, leaving the VoiceMail and Caller ID request still unfulfilled.  I've now closed PUGIT 357 and Opened a new Item Pugit 415 which just focuses on these issues.
Use the link above to vote on the Item and raise its priority or you can add comments on this item here
If you prefer to add some comments in this thread PUG will extract any relevant bits and add them to the Pugit commentary.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Not applicable

Thank you for the reply Maurice. I recall the original issue and will follow the link to vote on the new one. If it were possible to do just voicemail within the package I think that this would be an acceptable measure/compromise.
Charles101
Grafter

It would also be very useful to be able to include more than one name for listing with directory enquiries.
Charles
sago21

Just joined this forum half an hour ago.
I am thinking of changing 'phone from BT to PN.
Please, please , please, PN let's have 1571 included as I will really miss it.
I am very surprised that it is not included?
Thanks
Roy
Not applicable

sago21 - don't forget to sign up with the Plusnet Usergroup and then follow the link that Maurice provided earlier to vote for this. PUG have a good reputation for getting things done on our behalf.
Also, welcome to the forum and BTW - can you actually get sago now?  I only ask because my other 'alf loves it and hasn't been able to buy a tin since the tsunami. (Sorry if you have chosen our username for another reason but I just wondered).