cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - some problems initially, but now resolved

Antmckeown
Dabbler

PlusNet - some problems initially, but now resolved

I signed up for broadband on 25th June and still have neither a phone nor broadband.
24 REPLIES 24
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: PlusNet - absolute jokers

And the installation date they've given you is...?
Antmckeown
Dabbler

The phone should have been fitted on the 7th July. they first of all sent the BT man to Brighton, even though I live in Manchetser. A second BT man actually arrived at my house today and fitted a socket in my home, but said there was a problem with the pole outside and he'd log it with BT. I contacted PlusNet about it and they said they'd send another BT man out and call me. No doubt this will be another week or more. I don't even think I need a BT engineer now - I just wanted some idea of when the BT person would sort the problem outside. The BT bloke said I'd have to deal with PlusNet to find out, which I knew wouldn't be a good idea, and, lo and behold, I'm being given no information, but they're apparently in the process of sending out a 3rd engineer. No worries, though - the engineer will probably be sent to The Outer Hebrides, which is just as well, given that it seems to be a problem with the telegraph pole. God knows when they'll sort it. I've learned not to listen to them now.
Antmckeown
Dabbler

After many delays they've now stopped even trying to give me an excuse and moved on to the "who cares" stage, dispensing with the faux customer care twaddle. Their latest offering simply says,
"Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service. We'll contact you again once we have more details about this."
I despair. How can this company have won awards? They don't give a monkeys about their customers.
kdoug007
Grafter

Ant,, first sorry u  are  having  problems..
however  i only  have  praise  for PN..
OF course thats my opinion.
and its not  fair  to have ago at the  PN TEAM..
im  sure  there  doing  there best.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately as we've mentioned in your tickets, there have been delays with the order. We're really sorry this has happened and are trying to get them sorted as soon as possible, we'll keep your ticket updated as we get more information.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have to say that if was in OP's position I would also be frustrated by "Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service. We'll contact you again once we have more details about this."
Simply rewording this to "Unfortunately, there's been a problem regarding the order for your telephone service. We are actively pursuing BT Openreach to resolve this and we'll contact you again once we have more details.  Please accept our apologies for delay." may help
Means the same thing of course  Wink
Antmckeown
Dabbler

Dear PlusNet
A BT engineer came this morning and sorted out the phone, which now works. The broadband connection is still not working, though, and would like some information about when it should be going online. The broadband light is green without flashing, but there is no broadband connection.
Antmckeown
Dabbler

@kdoug007 I've never complained about any good or service in my life prior to signing up with PlusNet. I agree that it's not the fault of individual PN staff members, but that is irrelevant. If you pay for a service and you don't get it, then that is not right. I don't care if it's the fault of PN, BT or even Homer Simpson: I signed up with PN and so they are the people I will contact. Hopefully, I'll come to see them as dependable. Right now, though, that, unfortunately, is not the case.
Chris
Legend

The broadband light is green without flashing, but there is no broadband connection.

We just hadn't yet received confirmation that everything was complete. I've manually kicked your account active, so if you reset the router and wait 10 minutes you should be online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Antmckeown
Dabbler

Brilliant. Thank you.
Chris
Legend

We're picking up your message over on Facebook too and will reply with some detail there shortly.
Antmckeown
Dabbler

Thanks, Chris. Everything seems to be sorted now. Just one question: what would I gain from the "pro add on"? Better connection during busy periods?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi there
If you are on the new unlimited plan ( pro add on was designed for legacy packages ), simple answer nothing, you are best off with out it. if you are maxing out your line, with gaming and downloads, gaming will get priority as it time sensitive traffic then your download would get the rest, (this way things run smoothly) if you have the pro add on, gaming and download traffic would be fighting for your bandwidth ( bad experience), if you are just downloading then that will get the full available bandwidth (without pro add on).
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you are on Unlimited all it does is change the relative priorities of different traffic types when you are maxing out the line with a number of different tasks. It has no affect on peak time traffic.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)