cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet please help - elderly couple home phone not working

FIXED
Bookart

PlusNet please help - elderly couple home phone not working

I am writing on behalf of an elderly couple with PlusNet whose home phone isn't working.

They do not know how to use internet or how to login to their account so cannot raise a fault.

Their internet connection is working but no ring tone on phone. They have a mobile phone but not a smart phone.

I have tried stepping through the diagnostic check with them on cell phone and no ring tone - need to raise a fault but they don't know their password or even that they need one. Attempt to reset password resulted in an email to them with a reset link that they couldn't cope with.

If someone from PlusNet can contact me I can give you their details. The landline is important to them despite having a mobile and this is proving quite stressful for them.

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: PlusNet please help - elderly couple home phone not working

@Bookart  Welcome to the forum.

This is most probably caused by a break in one of the two wires coming into their property. Changing passwords will not help at all.

If you get no reply you could try ringing in tomorrow. If you get diverted here it's because the queue is long, they're still working. It's a case of ringing back a bit later.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @Bookart, I believe that I have responded to you over on Twitter regarding  this but if this is not the case, please do just PM me the landline number this relates to so we can investigate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Bookart

Hi Lauren, yes all resolved and very happy - great service - Thank you, Brian
Ian-B

Lauren, sorry to piggy back on somebody else's error but my brother has fully functional broadband with you but landline phone won't work.  He hasn;t been able to access Members Centre on website for over 12 months.

Yesterday he reset his password, and still couldn't get in.  I said I would phoen for him this morning and you're not taking any calls.

He is firstline response for our 93-year old mother but can;t get any calls from Age UK emergency line on his landline and mobile is variable.  How can we fix this.  I ahve his user name password and landline number.  Be happy for somebody to call me - I have been a PN customer since PN took over from my previous ISP and never had a problem. He seems to get the bad luck!

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Welcome to the Forum@Ian-B 

This thread as been marked as fixed. It is quite possible therefore that Plusnet staffers may no longer look at it. In your position, I would start my own, new thread.

Ian-B

Thanks - I had thought that if it was fixed and so on, it would be closed for additions, but I shall start again, thanks.

Ian

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Ian-B, I have picked up and responded to your thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team