cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help: Intermittent fault. Openreach closing ticket

gterr

Please help: Intermittent fault. Openreach closing ticket

Hi there,

I hope someone can help. We have an intermittent fault with our home phone. Sometimes there is no dial tone, sometimes the line goes dead half way through a call, sometimes during a call I can't hear the person the other end at all, but they can hear me.  I have done all the tests that Plusnet/Openreach require. Currently I have one single corded phone plugged into the master socket (Openreach VDSL MK3). All the internal house equipment other than this one phone is disconnected. I have tried three separate corded phones plugged directly into the mastersocket and still get the intermittent fault. 

I had an Openreach engineer booked for Wednesday who failed to show up, The rescheduled appointment was for this morning. This morning I checked the phone and there was no dial tone. I got a phone call at 8.20, but I couldn't hear the caller. I guessed right that it was the Openreach engineer telling me he was on the way, and he arrived shortly afterwards. 

The engineer has carried out all the tests they are meant to do, and all the tests checked out. During his visit we got a phone call, and again I couldn't hear the caller, so the engineer had evidence of the fault whilst he was here. The engineer has concluded it's a fault with my handset, despite the fact that I have told him we've tried three separate corded phones, and the present one is actually brand new. 

The engineer is now going to close the fault because apparently he has done everything he is obliged to do.

I still have the fault. What am I supposed to do now?

Many thanks for your time.

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Please help: Intermittent fault. Openreach closing ticket

Hi @gter,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to this fault. It's disappointing to hear that the first engineer didn't arrive and that the second engineer said that the problem is due to your handset, despite it occurring over three different handsets. This isn't the level of service that we expect and I will pass on feedback to our suppliers about this.

We'll need to arrange another engineer so that this can be investigated further, I'm afraid. Please can you reply to the ticket here with your availability? If you get back in touch on here once you've done this we'll get this booked in for the next available suitable appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team