cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Confirm - Can I Bar Outgoing Premium Rate Numbers?

Stogi
Dabbler

Please Confirm - Can I Bar Outgoing Premium Rate Numbers?

As subject. Just been hit by BT. Apparently, I made a call to 09111000054. Cost me £7.35. BT will not remove the charge from my bill. They have offered half the money back though. But, why should I pay anything, if, I didn't make the call. What a joke. Anyway, rant over.
How can I prevent premium rate calls from being made from my Plus.net phone service? Is this possible?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Please Confirm - Can I Bar Outgoing Premium Rate Numbers?

Make a complaint via http://bt.com and ask them to prove it (they will get wholesale records).
We don't currently offer premium rate call barring, but it can technically be done.
RJM
Rising Star

You might be interested in this link:-
http://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=09111000054
Stogi
Dabbler

James, thank you very much for the advice. I will be complaining. In my opinion, BT is a terrible company. Also, thanks for your answer regarding premium call barring. Hope you guys can add it to the phone control panel at some point in the future.
RJM; nice one. Going to pass that on to BT.
Cheers.
nal2008
Dabbler

I would be interested in why Plusnet don't offer premium rate call barring if it can technically be done.
Nigel
James
Grafter

I think it is something that we are looking at doing, but requires a good chunk of work on our portal.
Officially we don't offer any features that can't be ordered through the mmeber centre, but we can order the service through Openreach.  We just don't (currently) have the funtionality to automatically bill for it.
Stogi
Dabbler

After complaining to BT, again (got a ref. number this time), I contacted these guys: www.phonepayplus.org.uk ; BT also suggested them too. Apparently, PhonePayPlus can't always help, but, in my case they took my details and told me some interesting things about that particular number (0911 100 0054). Unfortunately, I cannot say any more.
Thanks to all who replied and hope the PhonePayPlus info helps someone else in the future.