cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical line to the property......but BT disconnected!

Routefinder
Grafter

Physical line to the property......but BT disconnected!

Hi all
As the 'subject', if there is line present but it was disconnected from BT a while ago what are the options with PlusNet?
Is it straightforward for PN to "pick this line up" and how much will it cost to reactivate the line and what will be the quarterly line rental and then as a package what is the lowest cost Broadband service to use with it?
TIA for the pointers and insight Smiley
PS If then using the PN supplied router is there a DNS blacklist to avoid/disallow shady sites.
3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Physical line to the property......but BT disconnected!

Hello there.
It depends whether the line is just stopped or ceased. A start of stopped line usually takes 24 hours, however if it is ceased then it would usually require an engineer visit, which costs £49.99. Line rental is £16.99 per month and the cost of the broadband will vary depending on the package. Probably best to give our Sales team a call on 0800 432 0080.
Regarding blocking websites, you can enable Plusnet Safeguard on your Member Centre. This is a free tool, which will allow you to block particular sites or whole categories of sites.
Hope this helps.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Anoush
Thanks for the reply and insight.
In regard to ceased vs stopped lines, is it possible as a consumer to identify which is 'in place' in others words if stopped is there likely to be a dial tone but if ceased the line will be dead?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem. Both stopped and ceased lines can cause no dial tone. I believe that our provisioning team can find out by querying the line availability in our WLR system. I'd recommend giving them a quick call on 0800 432 0200. They're open tomorrow 9am to 5:30pm and then again on Monday 9-9.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button