cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline issue

aziriphale73

Phoneline issue

Last week a BT engineer came out to my block of flats to connect someone else in the building to fiber, at this point my internet went down I thought nothing of it at first but after a while of doing all the usual checks and finding I had no dial tone, I got a friend to pick me up a new phone just in case as well when I went down to check it I saw another engineer who said he had been called out because the guy before didn't know what he was doing 

I have now got an appointment for Openreach to come out tomorrow. I am now worried I am going to end up getting charged for this and being told the issue is my end, but it seems too much of a coincidence for my phone line and broadband dying at pretty much exactly the same time another engineer was messing about with the phone connections for the whole block of flats 

Can anyone give me any advice on this ?

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Phoneline issue

From what you have said it's highly unlikely you could be charged anything.

It's not unknown for an engineer to mess up the connections to the exchange.

See what this engineer says tomorrow.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
aziriphale73

thank you for replying, I am on disability benefits so it is a big worry for me and I rely on having the internet for keeping in contact with people and doing shopping, banking etc, it's already been a tough few days without it  I am tethering but only have a certain amount of data 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From looking at your account this has been fixed now?

Let us know if you're still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
aziriphale73

Yes all fixed now thank you 

Looks like i was right and it was the other bt engineer that mucked it up 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Success! Happy to hear it's fixed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet