cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline has no dial tone

craigvincent44

Phoneline has no dial tone

I have recently moved and signed up to plusnet. I have received emails telling me phone line is now up and running and my broadband is ready to go. I can not gate the internet to work and one of the steps for fixing it was to plug in a phone and see if there is a dial tone...there is none...I have been on hold for ages...what should I do to get the phone line fixed so I can get the internet up and running.

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Phoneline has no dial tone

Is there any more sockets to try?

craigvincent44

This is the main one and first one that the phone line comes into the house. the other is in the living room and also doesn't work. It's a nightmare as there is no phone signal at the house to try to get through to the helpline and obviously no internet to ask fore help here. I can only ask while at work!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If you can get to post here ... you can get to the phone line trouble shooter (link below) which stands a fair chance of successfully finding and reporting the fault for you. Check your support tickets afterwards.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear your phone line isn't working.

Unfortunately our tests aren't showing any issues on the line so we'd need to arrange a engineer visit to investigate further

Can you respond to the ticket we've raised on your account here?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team