cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline dead (broadband working) - and finding it very hard to get any customer support!

HxF1

Phoneline dead (broadband working) - and finding it very hard to get any customer support!

Our landline has been dead for at least 6 days. I tried and tried to get through to Customer Services via my mobile - the reception is really bad where we live, hence we need a landline - and the Chat function seems to be not working. I filled in just about every form I could find on Plusnet - and finally posted a message on Plusnet Help/Twitter on Monday. Several posts later and I finally got a reply by Wednesday - from someone very helpful. A engineer visit was scheduled for Thursday - I waited in from 1-6pm as instructed. No one showed up and since then my messages on Twitter have gone unanswered...and it's now Friday night. If this is 'Award Winning Customer Service', then what on earth does the non-award winning service involve? Are there any other ways to get through to someone? I'm appalled by how rubbish this is.

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Phoneline dead (broadband working) - and finding it very hard to get any customer support!

@HxF1 welcome to the forums. If your phone  line is dead, but you BB connection is working, there are some possibilities, so I will make suggestions. Do yo have, or can you borrow, a spare phone, just to check it isn't that? Do you have a spare filter, in case the current one has gone defective?

I would suggest having a look at this:https://www.plus.net/help/phone/ and seeing if any of the suggestions are any use.

Let us know what you find out.

John
HxF1

Re: Phoneline dead (broadband working) - and finding it very hard to get any customer support!

Thanks John. I tried all of the troubleshooting before I contacted Plusnet - even buying a new handset - but it's all still the same! I have another engineer appointment tomorrow so hopefully something will get sorted soon as it's been over a week.