cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline attchment to house

clementi

Phoneline attchment to house

My phoneline is attached to my house by a hook screwed into the facia board just below my gutter.
When I was cleaning my gutter yesterday I noticed that the hook attachment was just about rusted through and could give way at any moment.
It needs replacing before my phone line falls and blocks the road over which it passes.
I've tried the chat thing on Plusnet but couldn't get the Plusnet guy to understand the problem.
I've been told elsewhere that nothing will happen until the hook fails and the road gets blocked.
This can't be right???
Anyone got a phone number or email where I can explain the problem and get a replacement hook installed before a problem occurs.
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Phoneline attchment to house

I've been told elsewhere that nothing will happen until the hook fails and the road gets blocked.
This can't be right???
TBH that's probably right, PlusNet can't report it until it's actually a fault. You MIGHT get some sense out of Openreach by reporting it directly http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40912/~/how-can-i-report-damage-to-bt-cables,-poles,-... although since it's within the boundary of your property...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

clementi

Thanks.
It may be within the boundary of my property but isn't everything the other side of my phone faceplate part and parcel of the line suppliers equipment???
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes you're correct, but that Openreach number for reporting lines says it's only for outside your boundary.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

So... you could get a neighbour to call (if that technicality is really an issue).
I think this kind of thing depends somewhat on just how busy your local Openreach engineers currently are, I've heard of them openly ignoring blatant issues of (large) tree branches resting on lines because the lines were still working at that point (though obviously a pro-active fix would have prevented an inevitable failure).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
clementi

I see there's a Plusnet guy who answers Plus net posts on this forum so I'm going to start another thread with Plusnet in the title in the hope he will answer it because I can't seem to get any assistance from the phone numbers I've tried.
Hope this ois ok with admin.
clementi

I happened to see an Open Reach guy in my street and asked him about my problem, see first post above.
He was helpful and said I should just contact Plus net and they will get an Open Net guy out to fix my problem for free.
But how and who do I contact at Plusnet?
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there clementi,
I've raised a damage report to our suppliers (ticket 107170040 on your account) and our Faults team will be in touch as soon as they have an update Smiley