cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoneline Issues: No dialtone, but can recieve calls?

FIXED
Happy_Hippo

Phoneline Issues: No dialtone, but can recieve calls?

Hello,

I’m having some issues with my phoneline.

We have a dial tone down the phone. We can't dial out but can receive incoming calls.

The internet is patchy and drops out for a few seconds-few minutes  most days, sometimes multiple times.
This is the current (internet working) dsl summary attatched.
I'm not sure what steps to take next, any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Happy_Hippo

4 REPLIES 4
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Phoneline Issues: No dialtone, but can recieve calls?

Fix

Follow this wizard https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ 

In the end it will do a linetest which may pick up the problem, and report any issue directly to Openreach to fix.

Happy_Hippo

Thank you for the link.
We had tried this over the weekend without success, but it worked today. confused but I'm not going to complain.
Thanks again.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Yeah the tester is a bit flaky.  It sometimes works and then says 'Oops something went wrong'.  If you then search in your support tickets you will see that is has actually logged a call with Openreach.

Does it find a fault ?  I assume you have also tested in the master socket with a known good phone, just to be doubly sure it's not your equipment playing up ?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Happy_Hippo

Welcome to our online Community Forum, and I'm sorry for the issues that you've reported above, though I'm glad to know that they're sorted now. Unfortunately, there's no way that I'd be able to see what caused this, introspectively, however I can confirm that tests on the line this afternoon have not picked up on any issues with the line.

Let us know if this happens again straight away, and we'll be more than happy to investigate.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds