cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone works but how many months does it take to get the package you want?

rogerfr

Phone works but how many months does it take to get the package you want?

In a nutshell, roughly four.
A first complaint -
After years of Plusnet broadband and never a complaint, I'd thought I'd add the telephone. What an obvious idea. That was in May 2014 and the line moved over in June. I took a evening and w/e calls package, intending to add other features in a couple of weeks when another line I had expired. I wanted anytime calls, caller ID, 100 mobile minutes and also to pay a year's rent upfront. But  when a 'product change' locks out further changes till the next billing date, it seems like that would take months to achieve. In fact it has, it's a horrid system and I'm regretting adding the telephone.
The details -
A first annoyance was that I had to pay two months full price rental before one could buy the whole year rental. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I can't add all the features I want in one operation. I added Anytime calls + 100 mobile minutes and the fickle control panel reverted to a evenings/we package with mobile calls. I waited another month. I called PN support to add Caller ID - so far it's been added two or three times - and today it's off again and the control panel is locked. PN support intervened to get my package changed to Anytime calls but now the Mobile minutes have fallen off.
My question -
What did I do wrong or is this query, which PN have still to respond to, an unusual example of something poor, poor and double awful.
Roger F
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Phone works but how many months does it take to get the package you want?

I recently encountered much the same problem which I posted about here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128796.0.html
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Roger,
Really sorry to hear you've had problems trying to amend your phone package. I've cancelled the pending change to Anytime calls with the aim to carry out an instant change effective from today if you can get back to me with the details of exactly what you want. I can see that you have managed to successfully pay the Line Rental Saver which is now in place. Can you please PM me with the details and I'll sort that out for you?
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
rogerfr

That's good to hear Smiley Thank you for making all the changes.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, Roger. I'm glad I was able to sort everything out for you Smiley