Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone will not ring

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Phone will not ring

can someone take a look at # 97011548. The EU's phone will not ring and no update on ticket for a week from PN. Is there any progress?
Thanks
GS
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Phone will not ring

I've just had a look as the no update on ticket for a week' had me concerned. However from looking at this I can see we reported the fault and were given an estimated repair time of the 9th (yesterday), hence not picking the ticket up again yet. As you've said the fault is still ongoing I'm now going to reject the note from Openreach suggesting that the fault is resolved and I'll update the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Chris, I can't see any mention of the 9th - I can see the 7th though & I can't see any reference that the fault is cleared. Perhaps the engineers need to visit the EU home  to see for themselves! but thanks for looking . Lets hope it is resolved soon. As I have mentioned before, why can't a check with the customer be made after a fault is cleared?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you call the number do you hear a ringing tone? If so the 'engineer' probably called the number, heard the ringing tone and assumed the reason it wasn't answered was because there was nobody home!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
runhare
Aspiring Pro

When you call the number do you hear a ringing tone? If so the 'engineer' probably called the number, heard the ringing tone and assumed the reason it wasn't answered was because there was nobody home!

Oh yes! you can hear the ringing tone if you call her number and leave a 1571 mesasge. My friend went to the trouble of buying a new phone as well and that's had no bearing on the problem.
We also tried ringing with a mobile stood next to the phone and although it did not ring , when  picked it up,  that answered the call.
BT say they diagnosed  it as a BATTERY fault . That was the same diagnosis after  a fault  which was first reported on  November 1st when the phone service went totally dead - also no ring . After some engineers work on the line,  it then altered  to a partially working service with lots of noise and very slow/ no  broadband and still no ring .  BT have worked on this line for the last two months and failed to fix the fault completely . They fix one thing and create another problem. Personally I think its faulty equipment all the way along along the line. They should swap my friends number to a new line and new equipment in the exchange .
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Your fault has been assigned to an engineer this morning. Hopefully things improve.
I'll make sure that we check back tomorrow, however it might be handy if you could keep us updated from your side Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
runhare
Aspiring Pro

As far as we can tell , after over two months, all the problems on this line are now cleared! Success!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fantastic, thanks for letting us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.