cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switched to PN from BT but can't access Phone control panel

lyndonp
Grafter

Phone switched to PN from BT but can't access Phone control panel

My phone was due to switch to PN from BT on 24/11 (today). That has definitely happened as it no longer cuts into the standard BT voicemail and to confirm that is the case, when  trying to acces the BT voicemail 1571 it says it is not available. Hence I am no longer on BT.
Now, I remember that it said somewhere you have to go to the phone control panel to set that (is that Communicate, Phone Calls which says  my order is (still) currently been processed!), and also my Account Summary is still saying the order status for phone is "unconfigured" plus I haven't had the promised email to say it has switched - but it definitely has been switched as far as I can tell.
Just doesn't feel quite as smooth as it should....I suppose I may be a little impatient and it could well switch at midnight (which would make it the 25th!) but when you're promised the 24th which is 15 days after ordering and the order confirmation says it will take 7-10 days this isn't a good start. (I was happy with the 24th, just not happy it is not working properly)  Angry
Can somebody from PN please tell me the status. Has it been switched? Am I now on PN and have free evening calls from 24th as scheduled Smiley
If not, when will it be completed?
Also, is the Communicate, Phone Calls where you go to setup voicemail? Huh
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Phone switched to PN from BT but can't access Phone control panel

paulby
Grafter

You should have access to the home phone control panel from tomorrow at some point (and the status will change from unconfigured to active).  This is because PlusNet only receive notification from Openreach that the move has completed the morning after it actually happens.
As for activating voicemail, you can do that from the Call Features tab in your control panel (once it's activated) Communicate>Phone Calls is the correct path!
To confirm you've switched, try dialling 150 .  If you've moved you'll get a message saying "Sorry, you cannot call that number from this line.....".  If you've not moved it'll be BT Customer Service.
Mand
Grafter

Yep, exactly as Paul says.
You'll have an active control panel and associated emails by lunchtime tomorrow (usually between 10:30 and 11am). If not gimme a shout and I'll sort it.
lyndonp
Grafter

By 'eck, you were up late answering on here last night Mand!  Shocked
Thanks for the info, I can see the phone panel now and have requested activation of voicemail, so assume will all be OK.
Might be better on the order confirmation date emails to say that the date given is for BT -> PN activation but it is not fully activated on PN until the next day afterwards (or whatever the situation is), as I certainly thought and expected it all to be done on the date given.
Bit like buying a new car on a certain date, but you don't get the keys to drive it until the day after you are the new owner!  Tongue
Mand
Grafter

Good point well made ;), I'll see what I can do. Smiley
lyndonp
Grafter

I requested the voicemail setup yesterday and it said it would be activated the next working day. Granted there is still a little of the current working day left  Tongue but it is still saying awaiting activation!
Any chance this will happen today please?
Mand
Grafter

The order is closed so it should be working.
We won't receive confirmation of this 'til tomorrow though, so it won't show as active in the portal until then.
lyndonp
Grafter

OK thanks Mand. It is working.
I think the portal showing it is "awaiting activation" when it isn't is a little confusing though if you get my gist! Smiley
Looks like all is fine and dandy anyway Cheesy
Mand
Grafter

It goes back to us not receiving notification of a completed order until the next day. I'll see if we can make it clearer though. Smiley