cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not working

WannabHappy

Phone still not working

On the 20/1/19 I  added Caller ID because the suppliers, including Plusnet, made it free, as it should be.

In February 2019 I noticed a noise developing on the phone line. I used the online troubleshooter and it said:

Plusnet landline failure:  Online tester: Unknown issue.

On the 4/2/19 I Rang to report the noisy phone line using the landline phone so they could here the issue.  I was told an engineer would sort the problem. I received an email to say it had been fixed.  Picked up the phone and it was dead!  No dial tone at all. So instead of fixing the problem the engineer made it worse.

18/2/19 I rang again to say I now had no dial tone after engineer said he fixed it. 

On occasions there is noise on the line and when I  run the online troubleshooter I get:

Oops, something seems to have gone wrong

All I would like from this organisation is to give the customer what they are paying for?  A working phone line and internet access.  If the engineer didn't do their job correctly why is it the customers problem?

6 REPLIES 6
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Phone still not working

Hi @WannabHappy, thanks for your post and welcome to our Community.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that this issue has been ongoing for so long.

We've tested the line numerous time and still aren't detecting an issue and so we're going to need to arrange for another engineer to come and hopefully resolve the issue.

I've just opened a new fault ticket on the account (the old one closed due to inactivity) which you'll receive shortly and we do need you to reply to.

You can access this ticket here.

Please let me know here when you respond to the ticket and I'll progress the issue immediately for you.

WannabHappy

Thanks for your reply

You seem to have misread my message.The steps are:

• The line was working but noisy.
  • An engineer tried to fix it but broke it completely.
  • The line was then dead.

What Plusnet need to do (if you want to make me feel proud) is inform the engineer they did not restore the line to a full working state, they made it worse.

The equipment Plusnet, and probably the engineer, is using that says 'no issue' is flawed.  If your test equipment worked correctly I would have a dial tone and I would not be bothering you.

You say that testing the line numerous times is not detecting an issue, so what does:

Oops, something seems to have gone wrong   on the web site mean then?    How does that indicate no fault?

Also on the 12/4/19 another Plusnet online phone test said 'Something's gone wrong...'

I have been a good (i.e. you get paid every month without fail ) customer since May 2014. This is the first time I have had cause to contact support.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @WannabHappy

Thanks for coming back to us and for providing that clarity - I'm sorry that the engineer visit has somehow made the service worse than it was originally.

As @OskarPapa has advised, we'd need to send another engineer to get this resolved for you, so if you could provide your availability via the fault ticket he's linked his response we'll be happy to get this booked in for you.

Best wishes

Dave

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@WannabHappy wrote:

The equipment Plusnet, and probably the engineer, is using that says 'no issue' is flawed.  If your test equipment worked correctly I would have a dial tone and I would not be bothering you.

You say that testing the line numerous times is not detecting an issue, so what does:

Oops, something seems to have gone wrong   on the web site mean then?    How does that indicate no fault?

There are various reasons why a line test would not show a fault even though you have no dial tone; eg a fault in the exchange. If an engineer inadvertently crossed your line to another property, a line test would look fine.

Oops, something seems to have gone wrong is a longstanding quirk of Plusnet's test system. Sad

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
WannabHappy

Oh dear, OK you win.  The reason it has taken nearly four months to get back onto this problem is personal,  suffice to say my partner has been diagnosed with dementia.  I do not have the mental strength or time to argue this with you and I cannot afford to agree to giving you £65 to put right something you failed to put right the first time.  If that is Plusnets standard of support now I will have to find another ISP that is cheaper, as I do not have a working phone line (that I am paying you for).

Looking through this forum Plusnet support operatives seem to have one response to almost all line issues: agree to pay £65 for the engineers incompetence.

What have I done, other than pay you every month without fail for 5 years? 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @WannabHappy,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with our services. I have reviewed the situation today and raised a response via the fault ticket on your account, which can be viewed here.

Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket, please let us know as soon as you're able to and we'll be happy to pick this back up for further review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team