cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not transferred

minimaded
Hooked

Phone still not transferred

Hi, my father signed up for broadband and phone with plusnet. On 21st Nov service from his previous supplier ended and was due to be switched to plusnet. Currently, all incoming calls report that the number is not accepting incoming calls and on his account, it says that "Your Home Phone order is currently being processed. We will keep you updated by email and tell you once your service is ready to use."

He is a disabled user and his Careline relies on his phone line to work.

His username is [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

11 REPLIES 11
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Phone still not transferred

Hello @minmaded,

Welcome to the forums, and I would like tio say I am deeply sorry for the experience you parents have had.

This is not the level of service we aim to provide and I am taking ownership of this for you so we can work to a resolution.

I have provided more information here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
minimaded
Hooked

Hi @SammyM,

Thank you for looking into this. Can you please confirm how long it will take to get resolved?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @minimaded,

I don't at this moment in time as the team we need to speak to in order to get this resolve are not open on a weekend.

If you can get the account holder to reply to the ticket requesting we add you to the account as an authorise user as well as your contact number, I would be happy to give you a call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
minimaded
Hooked

@SammyM

Okay, I will ask him to do so.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@minimaded did your father contact his previous supplier and cancel the service?

If this was the case, then as only one order  can be active on a line then PN would not have been able to do anything until the order was complete.

On the other hand there may have been other issues, but knowing the facts and details will help get you a more detailed response, and perhaps a valuable lesson to help with any possible future transfers., 

minimaded
Hooked

@Mustrum Apologies but your reply doesn't quite make sense to me.

Having moved to Plusnet myself only a few months ago, I signed up to Plusnet and they dealt with my current supplier at the time. The switch went without issue and I retained my number.

I advised my father to do the same. The order was made in October and he received a letter from the previous supplier stating that their service would finish on the 21st of November.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Mustrum,

In this case it was purely an error on our side which I will work hard to resolve.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@minimaded It looks like it was an unfortunate issue that @SammyM is now dealing with, so I hope he is able to resolve the issue quickly.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Smiley @Mustrum She will certainly do everything possible. Wink

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
minimaded
Hooked

@SammyM Sorry I missed your call, I'm not able to take calls at work but I am available the rest of this afternoon.

Do we have a timescale to get this fixed yet?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @minimaded,

Thanks for you time on the phone today I really appreciated it.

Like I said I have taken a personal on this so that we can get this resolved and discuss the resolution once we have his number.

I hope you both have a lovely evening and I will get back to you when I have a further update.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team