cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone ringing no dial tone, can hear phn ringing when answrd. Can't make any calls. B-bnd drops out

smurfrobinson

Phone ringing no dial tone, can hear phn ringing when answrd. Can't make any calls. B-bnd drops out

Please help, I have no phone, broadband is dropping out constantly (even after talking to customer services about it a couple of months ago).  I need to make online orders as I have very young children & a partner who is a key worker, working 6 days a week.  I also need to keep in contact with my elderly parents.  I am totally stuck without phone and the broadband being so unreliable.

2 REPLIES 2
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Phone ringing no dial tone, can hear phn ringing when answrd. Can't make any calls. B-bnd drops

Welcome to the Forum @smurfrobinson 

It is possible that your phone line has a problem which is affecting your broadband. It is generally worth getting the phone sorted before coming back to the broadband.

Have you run the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ ? They include a line test which would probably report faults to Plusnet/Openreach.

I put it like that because the test can give an error message but still generate a report. After you have run the test, look on your Plusnet account to see if it has created a ticket.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Phone ringing no dial tone, can hear phn ringing when answrd. Can't make any calls. B-bnd dro...

I've tested the line and found a potential fault. This will be looked at externally on the 24th.

Your broadband looks solid though, so we might need to ask further questions on that if the phone fault gets resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team