Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone query

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Phone query

Is there any possible way in which I can find out all the separate phone numbers that have called my landline in say the last month?

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Phone query

@pvmb Most DECT phones have a call log built in but the size can vary - some retain the last 10, others have a bigger memory.

What make/model of phone do you have?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

And to be clear ... such phones can only record the ‘CLAIMED’ source number calling, which might not be a real number or the actual number.

I get very few land line calls ... until this week when I’ve received multiple calls with 028 as the prefix - all Northern Ireland - all non existent numbers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

True, @Townman, but I don't think there is a way round that -yet.Smiley

Depends what @pvmb wants know, though.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There isn’t! Just seeking to manage expectations... also to add that the in case I’ve cited I suspect that all the calls which all report different numbers arise from the same source, making ‘solutions’ such as call protect useless.

In such cases solutions such as BT call guardian (built into BT handsets) which require human interaction are a much better block to auto dialled calls.

As you suggest depends why the question is being asked. Certainly such information is not ordinarily available from BTOR who provide the phone service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Townman wrote:
As you suggest depends why the question is being asked. Certainly such information is not ordinarily available from BTOR who provide the phone service.

Quite so - it would have to be requested by the police or a court.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pvmb
Aspiring Pro

@jab1 wrote:

@pvmb Most DECT phones have a call log built in but the size can vary - some retain the last 10, others have a bigger memory.

What make/model of phone do you have?

A dreadful BT branded one: Xenon 1500, Home phone with Answering Machine

I have looked at the manual and it says I can check the calls if I am subscribed to Caller Display, which presumably I'm not as there is only one number in the list - 1234567890

One other 'feature' of this phone seems to be that when you delete a recorded message after listening to it the phone, it seems to me, has a tendency to delete the next unheard message. Which is the reason for my question.

Already I only use my mobile to make calls, I think I am going to have to get into the habit of not giving out my landline number from now on and only give out my mobile number. Or change back to my basic 1980s phone.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for comments.

This is no longer relevant as it transpires the 'problem' lies elsewhere.