cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone problems

javlin7
Hooked

Phone problems

In the last few days we've lost our dial tone, and there is noise on the line.

I've run the line checker and it keeps saying oops there has been a problem.

Does this automatically raise a support ticket ? and if so how do I track progress ?  I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere...

When I had this problem a few months ago I could see the ticket..

6 REPLIES 6
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Phone problems

It does this quite a bit, but normally when it does do this it creates a support ticket.

If you go to my account on the Plusnet web page and select View My Questions under help and support you should be able to see that a support ticket has been logged. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Line tests aren't finding any problems, so I've raised a ticket on your account with the next steps.

You can view that here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=159637985

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
javlin7
Hooked

Ok thanks, I now have to go and purchase a wired phone so I can do the proper checks, however, our phones were working fine until a few days ago.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
javlin7
Hooked

Ok, bought a £6 wired phone from Argos and that works fine. Did some trouble shooting with the wireless phones and it turns out that we don't need to use the micro filter on the socket that it's connected to as its a double socket. Removed the filter, plugged in the phones and they work fine.   What is weird is that they worked fine plugged into that filter up until a few days ago.

good news is no line fault and no call out charge.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear you managed to find the cause of the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team