cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone problems

sharky-fil
Hooked

Phone problems

Good evening, I'm a relatively new customer to PlusNet (16th Nov) Everything was fine from the switchover date except my caller display didn't work. After several online chat communications it never got resolved and I was told I needed an engineer visit to my house. My caller display worked fine with BT for years prior to switching to PlusNet so I don't believe I need an engineer visit.. After getting nowhere and losing patience I asked to just cancel my caller display. Today my phone line is totally dead and my internet speed has more than halved.. Anyone able to help. I don't have the time to wait in queue for hours.. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Phone problems

Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your phone.

If you haven't already I would recommend running a line test by clicking on the following link.

https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

If the test finds an external fault it will automatically raise a fault to Openreach and should notify you of the results by email.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
sharky-fil
Hooked

Hello, thanks for the reply, unfortunately PlusNet are not able to provide a line test that works.. It just says there is a problem and I need to call them on my phone that doesn't work.

plusnet.jpg

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sometimes you can get that result when there's no fault found or if the fault is suspected to be internal.

I'd recommend running through the checks at: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

If you need an engineer arranged please feel free to private message me with your username and I'll be happy to see what I can do for you on Monday.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
sharky-fil
Hooked

Ok but 1st could you take the time to look at my account please.... My broadband is working fine but my sync speed has gone from 78 to 38mb just like that... after asking for caller display to be turned off my line stops working - just like that.. To top it off BT have sent me 3 emails this morning telling me my service will end with them today... Is this not all to coincidental.. It screams to me that there is a [-Censored-] up on the account not a fault on the line... Please check it out at your end.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll happy to once I'm back in the office. In case I can't locate your account please private message me with your username.
sharky-fil
Hooked

Hello, everything is sorted with my phone/broadband. A year old openreach fitted extension was causing the problem.. thanks for trying to help.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Glad to hear it, thanks for coming back to let us know. Thumbs_Up