cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone problems - No dial tone

StephenR512

Phone problems - No dial tone

My telephone has been dead - no dial tone - since early yesterday morning. I've done the usual checks, trying a different phone in the master-socket, but it's still dead. A friend has tried calling my number and gets a message that my phone is "temporarily out of order". Luckily, my broadband, which is on the same line, has no problems at all and is running at full speed.
I reported the problem by raising a phone fault yesterday morning. However, more than 24 hours later, I have had zero response. Now, I realise that yesterday was Sunday, and there is probably a limit to what can be done to sort these things out on a weekend, but it would still have been nice to have some sort of acknowledgment along the lines of "Sorry you have a problem. We're looking into it for you" rather than just leaving my ticket sitting there. Maybe I'm just being overly impatient, but it would take only a few seconds to type in a quick reassurance that the problem was being looked into.  No response at all just leaves me wondering if anyone at PlusNet is remotely bothered! I was wondering how long it is usual to have to wait for a response in these circumstances.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phone problems - No dial tone

Hi StephenR512,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing here. I'm going to deal with this one personally and will get back to you ASAP.
Adam.
PS can you provide me with a contact number such as a mobile so I can keep you updated more easily please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenR512

Thanks, Adam. This is much appreciated.
Stephen
StephenR512

My phone came back on a few minutes ago. Thanks, Adam, for sorting this out so quickly.
Stephen
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Great news and thanks VERY much for letting me know. Cheesy
Do let me know if you have any further issues with this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenR512

Looks like I spoke to soon. I've been able to make and receive calls without any problem since the line came back on yesterday, but it suddenly went dead again at around 7:30 this evening, right in the middle of a call. I'd just said something uncomplimentary about Ed Milliband and the line went completely dead - good job I'm not paranoid. Grin
The problem is exactly the same as last time: dead phone line, but broadband working fine. I tested another phone in the master socket, just in case, but that didn't work either. I've raised another ticket. Hope this can be sorted soon.
Stephen
prichardson
Grafter

Just checking on this further for you.
It pretty much looks like the same fault as the same test result is being returned.
The existing report was still open on the supplier side, so I have rejected the case back to them
StephenR512

Working again now. Thanks once again for the help.
Fingers crossed it stays fixed this time.
Stephen
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Stephen,
Thanks for letting us know. Just give us a shout if you have any more problems.
Jojo Smiley