cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone out of action

retired

Phone out of action

My 27/7 house phone has been out of action since  monday afternoon.  This is the 2nd time but last time a switch or something was pulled because I was back with a working phone the following morning.  I left this one till the tuesday early morning and reported it with a ticket number 30907786.  That same day good enough they sent a text to my mobile to ask me when someone could call  I then said the PM one that day.  No one called.  I then spent 12 minutes on my Pay as you go modile and got through to the fault department.  The gentleman who answered was very nice.
I told him the problem and he raised another ticket of the came last numbers  07786.  This one was for all day wednesday and this morning.  You guest it, no one has even been near or sent a message to my e-mail or my mobile.  I have just been forgotton altogether
I never been treated like this in my life  their site says.  Average time for repairs 3 days20 hours  closure 7 days.
Id just like to know where I fit in.  I went with PN because they where in the UK.  I would just like some action please.  Come on PN dont go getting your selves a reputation like Tiscali and Talktalk
                                 Cry  Please please please fix my phoneconnection  Cry
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: out of action

I suggest you amend your title to read PHONE out of action. If you go to your original post and click Modify, you can edit the Title.
Mand
Grafter

Re: Phone out of action

Hi there,
I've got one of our faults guys working on this now.
retired

Many thanks to 'Anotherone' for steering me with the heading.
Also very many thanks 'Mand'  of PN  you certainly put a bomb under BT to get them moving so fast,  it has been switched back on.
No Engineer has called here and no BT van has been near this massive block of 38 flats.  You may think I am soft but I think I am being switched off on purpose just to get me back with BT who I have never ever had a problem with.  Yet in the few short months I am with you I have been switced off twice.  Makes you think.
Sorry it had to be me blowing up with you.  My Missus has had 3 heart attacks and its not funny not having a phone to get out on for nearly a week
Thanks anyway
Retired
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Glad it's now working for you, I doubt anyone is switching you off on purpose. There may be work going on at the exchange and someone isn't being as careful as they should be!
Now BT have a scheme where people with major health problems can be on priority repair free of charge. Might be an idea to have a chat with Mand to see if PN can do anything. She's probably not working until Monday, so if she doesn't spot this then, I'd drop her a PM later in the week.
Mand
Grafter

@reserved, glad it's working. As Anotherone says, unlikely to be deliberate (BT wouldn't have the resource to randomly disconnect people who've left I wouldn't have thought ;)).
@Anotherone, yeah it's possible, it's done by changing the care level at the supplier side, however it costs quite a bit more, and is not necessary in most cases (Openreach are usually pretty on the ball with PSTN faults).
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
@reserved, glad it's working.

Not me this time Mand  Wink  should be @retired I think
Mand
Grafter

Doh, that'll teach me for coming here on Friday nights Cheesy