cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number transposed with local restaurant!!!!

Oldmill

Phone number transposed with local restaurant!!!!

Unfortunately due to what appears to be a BT error, over the last 3 days my 85 year old Dad's plusnet phone number has been transposed with a local busy restaurant nearby. Several hundred calls have been made to him for table bookings, the restaurant owner is very upset and angry- not only for the distress caused to my Dad with the volume of calls but also for his business and bookings being damaged by the error. You may suggest we just unplug the phone but we have diverteded the calls to ensure his business is not killed by an error from a third party. Several days have been suggested to resolve although this is just a simple junction box error. Please please could Plusnet escalate resolving this error rapidly as the bill is already trebled which will require compensation.

look forward to hearing back promptly re question 136986634 which has unsatisfactorily been placed on hold till 2/11/16

Thank you in anticipation of resolution 

3 REPLIES 3
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Phone number transposed with local restaurant!!!!

The restaurant owner should escalate this fault to his phone provider, as being a business customer it will take priority.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Also, any compensation will only come from either the restaurant owner or their phone supplier.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

look forward to hearing back promptly re question 136986634 which has unsatisfactorily been placed on hold till 2/11/16

That's simply because as per the ticket, an engineer is arranged to visit so we have to wait for their notes and resolution. Sorry for the issues, but hopefully the engineer gets this sorted tomorrow.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.