cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Phone number change

I'm considering having my phone number changed due to a hell of a lot of calls from a certain number recently,i want to know if i order a new number with plusnet have i to pay whatever charges immediately or if they would go onto my next bill?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
15 REPLIES 15
Mand
Grafter

Re: Phone number change

Hi there,
You'd need to pay the renumber fee upfront, from a credit or debit card.
Is it just one number that you're having problems with?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi mand yes its just one number im having problems with an 011133 or something like that, Why is there something else that i can do about this?apart from already being registered with tps etc..
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that one annoyed me for about three weeks, has been stopped now for about a month, I eventually played dumb and started answering the silly sod on the other end, when he was getting nowhere sensible, he rang off, not heard from them since
Steve
Seasoned Pro

These muppets just are not giving up,calls at all times of the day and sometimes more than 4 times in one hour,already have a saved call in my answer machine about winning some stupid prize and to 'press one', its becoming annoying now.
Plusnet am i still ex-directory? if you would not mind checking that would be great.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but is it worth paying to stop that blip?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Probably not,i think im going to get this True Call product at somepoint though.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the SWMBO reminded me, I took a chance and dialed one, it was a simple question I answered and he sdaid you are no good to us then, not heard from them since
Mand
Grafter

I was thinking along the lines of Choose to Refuse.
Basically it allows you to block individual numbers at the exchange level, using a PIN code.
It costs £7.50 per quarter, which is much cheaper than a renumber, and most people find they don't need it for more than 6 months.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi mand i didn't know Plusnet had that feature,well no calls today from that number so far atleast but if it persists i will just go for that feature.
Edit..I cant see that feature in the call features page?do i need to phone you guys for this if and when i may need it?
Mand
Grafter

It's not offered as a general feature, just as a manual process where it may be suitable.
I can arrange it for you if you like, as can anyone in our support team, but it will take 24 hours to implement.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes please mand if you can that would be fantastic,One thing,how do i work it?
Mand
Grafter

I've added a ticket to your account with all the relevant info, gimme a shout when you've had chance to update things.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi mand ive replied to the ticket,ive added a card however ive guessed the start date of the card as my visa does not have the start date,just an expiry date,let me know if theres problems deducting the money from it please.
Mand
Grafter

Order placed, should complete tomorrow. Smiley