Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

FIXED
Grubhead
Fixes: 1

Phone number change

I have just had an e-mail saying we are getting a new phone number after I needed to switch phone services from BT to plusnet because of an increase in broadband speed. You can't have one without the other!

I don't recall seeing anything about changing the phone number in any details. Unless you have some small print somewhere!

And we do not want the hassle of a phone number switch. Don't tell me it something to do with BT either, as I don't know if they even are aware of us moving the phone service yet. Besides isn't plusnet a BT company? In-fact I wouldn't be surprised if BT when they find out offer us a better deal than you. I only stayed with Plusnet due to the fact I never get scam calls saying your broadband will be cut off, unlike BT. Scammers don't see to consider Plusnet important enough to scam its customers! Judging by what I paid and what you offering to new customers on TV, I wonder who's doing the scamming? 

If plus net insist on a new number you will get the contract cancelled fast!

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Phone number change

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Grubhead  Welcome to tne forum.

There should be no problem with transferring your existing number but it needs to be requested when you sign up or you get a new one. 

Be aware that you only have two weeks from signing up to cancel penalty free. So if you don't get a quick response I would cancel and if you still want to come to Plusnet then start again.

I don't understand your reason for the transfer. BT offer all the service options available from Plusnet plus more be they at a higher price. Plusnet are BT's budget ISP.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Grubhead

That must be in the small print about the request.

The reason for the change was due to having the landline from BT and broadband only from plusnet at a speed of only 5mb. Nobody else does the higher rate broadband or fibre without the phone line being included. Hence the switch.

Grubhead

Fix

After a phone chat with a very nice chap. It turns out someone had press the button for a new phone line to be installed! So he corrected it and we keep the old line line number and then change will happen in the next two weeks.