cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change = broadband problems

Shaunpanda

Phone number change = broadband problems

Hi I just had a BT engineer here to "update my service". My number has now been changed. As a result of this my broadband is not working anymore. It was working before he came but not afterwards. I didn't want BT to update anything but I was told by Plusnet to make sure I was in. Will I get my internet back? If so when?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Phone number change = broadband problems

Hopefully this will be picked up in the morning but my first thought was - What the devil did the silly plonker think he was doing - that has almost certainly mucked up your broadband.
You could ring faults on 0845 140 0080 or 0114 296 5188 unless you want to hang on until the morning
Shaunpanda

Yeah I wasn't sure either but he just came in, did his thing and said "here's your new number". I was phoned a few weeks ago to make sure i'd be in on the 29th to get my service updated (whatever that meant). Gutted.
Thanks for the numbers i'll get onto it.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sometimes during a renumber your line is ceased and re-provided but that doesn't appear to be the case here as your service is still showing as active. Without further information on what the engineer did it's hard for me to say what might be wrong and give you an estimate of when it will be fixed so for now please report this to the Faults Team so that we can investigate further.
Edit: I've just found a second telephone order which appears to be the one that threw a spanner in the works. I'll get someone from the Provisioning Team to investigate this for you and give you a call
Shaunpanda

Thanks a lot. Will you be phoning the home number or my mobile because we haven't yet bought a home phone so mobile would be great. And also how long will this take? thanks
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've left your mobile number as the only contact number on your account. It's going to take a little looking into before we can get back to you so hold tight for now.
Shaunpanda

Thanks a lot.