Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

JaneD
Dabbler

Phone not working

Hello,
Our phone is still not working either incoming or outgoing calls.
We have tried another phone in the master socket and that doesnt work - there is no dial tone. Incoming calls just disconnect.
The broadband works but is intermittent.
We telephoned you on the 18th June and raised a question on your website on the 19th but have had no response.
Who do we contact to get this fixed?

7 REPLIES 7
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone not working

Hi JaneD,
Sorry to hear you're having problems with the land line.
I'd like to get this raised to our suppliers for you - have you got a mobile number I can pass on to our suppliers should they need to arrange for an engineer to attend? Please can you PM me with a mobile number I can pass on so that I can get the fault raised?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Linn
Please can you PM me with a mobile number I can pass on so that I can get the fault raised?

Hi JaneD,
Welcome to the PlusNET forums.
Just in case you are not familiar with the short hand around here, PM = personal (or private) message.  You can do this by clicking the name of the poster on the left and then click "send a personal message" at the bottom of the profile details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, Townman. The OP PM'd me and this is now being resolved on their account.
JaneD
Dabbler

Just to update everybody.
After a few PMs sent back and forth weve finally had the engineer out to look at things.
Our phone now works after being down for a week.

Unfortunately our broadband is now a lot slower. sync has apparently fallen from 448/21402 to 98/8551
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update JaneD,
Glad to hear that the phone line is now fixed but sorry to hear about the drop in speeds. This will no doubt be due to the line fault and should rectify itself over due course, in the meantime I'll take a look over the line stats and see if we can speed this along from our end.
UPDATED
A few intial checks came back and they're showing high resistance on the line which is likely the cause of the speed drop and a bi-product of the phone fault being cleared. As such the requested course of action is to raise this as a broadband fault and have a different type of testing progressed to fix this so I'll raise this for you now and you should see some updates to the support tickets shortly.
Thanks,
JaneD
Dabbler

Had another engineer visit us today.
Seems the first engineer accidentally loosened a wire somewhere...
It all seems to be fixed now  Cheesy
Thanks Linn and Adam for your help.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news!
Thanks for updating us Jane and glad to hear things are back to normal for you!