cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

FIXED
SUNRISE

Phone not working

Please help, I'm a 79 year old living alone and self isolating.

My phone line has no dial tone and dead. I have done all the recommended tests at the master socket but after using two corded phones the line remains dead. A friendly engineer says their is a high probability the fault is at the open reach exchange.

8 REPLIES 8
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Phone not working

Welcome to the Forum @SUNRISE 

Have you run the troubleshooter? It will raise a fault with Plusnet/Openreach. https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

SUNRISE

Have completed all the troubleshoot guides with no success. Had to contact customer services at plus net but only a recorded message saying repair service not available. It would seem I will have to buy a new mobile.  

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

If you ran the troubleshooter from the website as well as doing the local checks that Plusnet recommend, it may well have created a ticket on your account. If there is a ticket, it will tell you that the fault has been recorded and (possibly) what is being done about curing it.  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Welcome to our community forums @SUNRISE and thanks for your time on the phone.

I'm sorry for the issues with your phone service.

As discussed I've arranged for an engineer to investigate further and I'll call you back afterwards. I've added a reply on to your fault ticket 200525088 sending you an email with details of the appointment.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SUNRISE

Thanks Gandalf and the Open Reach engineer. Phone working and Broad band amazing at 52.76mb ,fastest ever. No need to enter house as fault was in the cabinet down the road

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the post back @SUNRISE 

Glad to see the engineer's efforts got your phone working and gave you a nice speed boost. 😁

I planned to call you back to see how the visit went, but as you've posted here I'd imagine a call isn't needed anymore. Let me know if you'd still like me to call and if there's anything else you'd need help with though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FJT

Our telephone has not worked for over a week.  A nieghbour called Plusnet and they said an engineer would fixed the broken wire at the exchange the next day and gave a job number.

That was a week ago and we are isolated both 79 wife paraplegic in a wheelchair and no mobile signal as we are remote.

Plusnet will not now talk to the neighbour quoting Data protection unless I name her on the account.

Plusnet account details state I can only add names via the telephone or online chat......not chat line available.

Has anybody an idea how to do this please.

It would be a great help if you can because Plusnet do not make it easy to contact them

Thank you  FJT

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Apologies for the problems experienced. I've checked the fault and can see Openreach have the details. I'm doing all I can to try to expedite the resolution for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team