Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

siansomers
Dabbler

Phone not working

Hi

My phone has had no dial tone for a week - I’ve been through the trouble shooter which asked me to call the helpline but I can’t do that as I have no phone line

I’ve tested the line with a corded phone so it’s not the phone and we only have one (double) socket in the house

Not sure what to do as the online help isn’t working and I can’t call. Can you please advise

Thanks
Sian
6 REPLIES 6
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Phone not working

Hi @siansomers 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone service. 

I can see that your troubleshooter went through and the fault has auto raised to our supplier. 

I have updated this ticket which reflects this. 

Updates will be provided on the same ticket once they come through to us. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need ever need more assistance. 

All the best, 

MoR

siansomers
Dabbler

Hi
I was hoping to have heard something by now so I didn’t have to ask for an update.....I can see from the ticket that a response from Openreach was expected by Tues midnight and that I’d get an update by then. It’s now Thursday evening. Can I please get an update on what’s happening- I still have no working phone.

One of the reasons I’ve stayed with Plusnet so long was the customer service but it’s seems to have gone seriously downhill.

I assume I’ll be getting a refund for the service I’m paying for that you’re not providing?

Thanks
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @siansomers,

I'm sorry that your landline is still not working and that you've not yet received an update. I can see that our faults team should have contacted you about this and I'll pass on feedback about your poor experience here.

I've had a look into thisnow and have determined the next step towards getting this resolved for you. As this is account specific information I've added this to the fault ticket here

Once this fault is resolved we'll arrange a pro-rata refund of your subcription charges from the day that it was reported to us up to the day it's resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
siansomers
Dabbler

Thanks Emily

Message asked to provide 3 timeslots for engineer visit - I've added 3 to the ticket but also adding them here (wasn't sure what 'to the forum' meant

3 timeslots for engineer visit:

Monday 22nd October 1300-1800
Friday 26th October 0800-1300
Friday 26th October 1300-1800

siansomers
Dabbler

Can I also just check if the problems I'm having with my broadband (fibre) is likely to be related to this?  It's been really slow and cutting out at least 4 times a day over the last couple of weeks.

I wanted to check (rather than assume) so I can raise another issue via the Broadband section of the support if it's unlikely to be fixed with the phone problem

thanks

Sian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've booked the appointment in for Monday afternoon now.

Yeah it's likely the issues you're having with your fibre are caused by this as it runs down the phone line, but if you still experience problems following your phone line being fixed, if you let us know we'll be happy to raise a broadband fault.

We can't progress a broadband fault with our suppliers while the phone line is faulty.

Let us know how the visit goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet