cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line unusable due to interference/crackling and terrible internet speeds/dropouts

melilla004
Dabbler

Phone line unusable due to interference/crackling and terrible internet speeds/dropouts

Hi - I'm posting this in the hope that Gandalf or another friendly, helpful Plusnet Team Member will be able to pick this up and help (as I'm at work and really can't sit on the phone for half an hour or more in the hope that I'll eventually get through, and it would seem that all Chat operators have been very busy all morning!!!).

My home telephone has become increasingly worse, to the point that making a phone call is all but impossible (you can see from my call history just how often I've used it in the last few months!!!!) - I am also experiencing a significant loss in Broadband operability.  Streaming is utterly impossible (you'll be able to see this too from usage charts!) and actually, even browsing the internet with my Plusnet (lack of)service has become so frustrating that I often have to give myself a good talking to, to not end up throwing my device across the room!Ticked_off

I was told in a previous telecommunication life (when I was with BT, prior to Plusnet) that there was water ingress in the junction box at the roadside outside my home, I had to have BT(Openreach) out a few times to try and deal with just exactly the same as I've just described above....and things would improve for a while.....

I generally manage with the situation (as I now have an all singing all dancing EE mobile contract with 4G signal in my area, how lucky am I?!) however, I currently have a (very)VIP Cool_smileyhouse guest who really needs to be able to access a decent fixed phone line and useable internet, so.....  It's now or never Plusnet, can you fix this please? 

I should have dealt with this ages ago as the service is not fit for purpose and I've just allowed it to trundle on regardless....which is ridiculous as I'm paying for a service I can not use, but, hey, time passes quickly doesn't it....and I can only blame myself for not getting on top of it sooner....BUT now's your chance Plusnet....I'm ready and willing to be wowed by your amazing customer service, customer care and technical ability to sort this out for me tout suite!  (thus earning major brownie points with my boyfriend who is currently convalescing at mine with a badly broken foot!)

I've tried to do the Home Phone line test but it keeps telling me that "Ooops, something has gone wrong...." maybe it can't even find the phone line!!!!Sad

Anyway....

HelpHuh

PleaseHuh?Huh

AnyoneHuhHuh?Huh

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(very very much Cheesy  )

4 REPLIES 4
melilla004
Dabbler

Re: Phone line unusable due to interference/crackling and terrible internet speeds/dropouts

Hi again - managed to chat with an operator online - whoop whoop! Fingers crossed for a nice straightforward resolution....

Apparently there is Earth Contact, though I shouldn't be concerned about an imminent Alien Invasion CheesyCrazy3

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Phone line unusable due to interference/crackling and terrible internet speeds/dropouts

Hi there @melilla004.

Glad to hear that one of our team has been able to locate the issue. Openreach usually have this fixed up within 48 hours from the fault being raised. Should you still be experiencing issues after this time, please let us know and one of our team will chase this up for you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@melilla004,

First what a lovely request for help - so refreshingly different to the approach many take.

It is good to know that you were able to reach support and that you are now on course for a resolution … until BTOR's kit gets wet again!

For future reference you can report a phone fault (run an automated test) from the Help & Support pages - see the link below.  Whilst there is a risk of a (higher than ideal) response that the process test failed, there is a better than 50% chance of it being successful and automatically raising a fault report to BTOR, thereby avoiding the need to access support.  You can track such reports by looking at your tickets (again see the link below).

As for chat, that needs to be 'approached' via Contact Us as via the Help and Support route is never available.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

melilla004
Dabbler

Hi Townman

Thank you 😊

Yes, I tried the fault checker but it wasn't up for playing nicely... I kept on getting an Ooops message!! Most infuriating!!! And I finally sussed out how to get onto Chat help, and spoke to a very helpful operator.... So fingers crossed!! 😊