cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line reconnection

BLINDPEW
Grafter

Phone line reconnection

A friend of mine is moving to a new house and was wondering what it would cost for Plusnet to reconnect the line and how long it would take to get Plusnet broadband up and running on said line. Can I just confirm there has been a BT connection, but this was disconected when previous owners moved out. Socket and wiring all ok.
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Re: Phone line reconnection

You will need to contact PN about this because it depends (AFAIK) on the status of the line when the previous tenants left.  For instance, a family member of mine moved last year but it would have cost quite a bit to connect to Plusnet because the previous tenant took the number with them.  Needless to say, they stayed with BT who gave them a new number and it was free.
More recently I enquired for one of my referrals as they are moving house soon and that came back as free connection because as the previous tenant had died the telephone had been stopped.  Best to call in preferably early am as they are rather busy at the mo.
Re: Timing - usually once the line is connected it is 7 to 10 days for bb connection (well, it was, but stand to be corrected).
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Re: Phone line reconnection

Thanks for that I'll get him to give them a ring in the morning.