cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line problems

frostypenguin

Phone line problems

No dial tone is always the moment your heart sinks. Its the thought of knowing that however hopeful you are that it will 'fix its self" or "be ok in the morning", it wont. You know its going to be the start of a process with your supplier that you seem to have no control of or not be able to effect in any way you try.
1st thought, ring the supplier, oh no cant, theres no phoneline connection. 2nd thought, email the supplier, oh no cant theres no internet because theres no phoneline connection.
My phone line has had this no dial tone silence for coming up to a month now.
I was told the repair date was sometime three weeks ago and still no repair. The repair date keeps getting pushed forward without any progress being made.
After waiting patiently with only sporadic updates from Plusnet only when i chase them for one, for over three weeks, i find that to make an official complaint to Plusnet takes another 5 days just for a response. If by my experience so far, i would be waiting for a lot longer than that.
So far its 24 days that Plusnet has been unable to supply the service that they have been contracted to supply. With their current form i can see it being a lot more before its sorted.
Does anybody know what Plusnet's usual timescales for resolving problems is?
After being reasonable up until this point and starting the official complaints procedure that i have no trust in what so ever, what is my next option? to go to the Internet Service Providers Association? Or CISAS?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phone line problems

Hi @frostypenguin
Sorry to hear about the fault and the delays.
I've chased this with our suppliers who advise that firstly an engineer has been assigned to work on the issue tomorrow.
Secondly they advise the delays so far have been due to a "common fault" (a major fault affectingI have m multiple lines) has been happening in your area and all engineers locally have been diverted.
I have made it clear with them that the level of the delay is not acceptable to us.
I have taken ownership of this to ensure that we can be straight on top of chasing this up and getting you the updates and more importantly the progress you need.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
frostypenguin

Thank you for the quick reply Adam. I have been told that "an engineer will sort it tomorrow" quite a few times now so forgive my skepticism. Im hopeful you can make some progress where other members of the support team have failed. Richard
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Adam is in today but I thought I'd just check for updates, the last notes are still from Adam's contact to our suppliers advising that an engineer should be working on this today and we need to check back for an update tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi frostypenguin,
I've just spoken at length with our suppliers and have added an update to ticket 110444004.
I really do appreciate you may not be happy with what's advised as it does essentially mean an engineer won't be working on this until tomorrow.
However I will be phoning our suppliers again then to keep the pressure on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
frostypenguin

Hi Adam and Chris, thank you for keeping me updated.
frostypenguin

My fault has now been sorted and i am fully up and working again.
Speaking to various Plusnet chat representatives using the online chat was yielding no results and only sporadic updates on the progress of my fault.  Angry
After 2 weeks of a customer having no connection you would have thought somebody from that team would have realized something had to be done. But no.
Many thanks to Adam and Chris from the forum here for looking into my fault and getting things moving. It was only when you guys got involved that anything happened and I received prompt and detailed updates on progress. Top notch service from you guys.  Wink
After making a formal complaint about the time taken for the fault to be rectified, i have been offered 2 months free broadband and line rental as form of apology from Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot frostypenguin and I will be looking into the previous responses given to make sure we followed process and udpated you as much as we could.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team