Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line only?

Yoda
Dabbler

Phone line only?

Hi All,

I have tried looking through PN site and products offered but can't find an answer to this.

My recently deceased father in law had broadband & home phone with PN, however his widow has no real use for the broadband, other than when we visit, so is there an option to have just a home phone package from PN?

Thanks for any ideas.

6 REPLIES 6
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Phone line only?

Hi Yoda,

Thanks for getting in touch. My condolences for your family's loss.

I'm afraid we don't offer phone only packages, however our Customer Options Team would be able to ensure that the account holder is on the best possible deal and tariff based on their usage, if they contacted on them 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline) at their convenience.

Their opening times are: 
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday 
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday 
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Best wishes

Dave

Yoda
Dabbler

@RandallFlagg is there a way that customer services will let me administer the account for her, as being partially deaf and 92 dealing with things like this on the phone are difficult?

Thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Yoda,

I fully appreciate the situation - I'd recommend that you be present (if possible) when the account holder calls - there's nothing to stop you speaking to any of our teams once the account holder has cleared security on the account. Additionally, the account holder would be able to add you as an 'authorised user' for future contact.

It's worth bearing in mind that although authorised users can speak to us regarding billing and general account queries, they can't do the following:

1). Add another authorised user.

2). Change or renew the contract on the account (see above regarding you being present to assist the account holder with this)

3). Change or add any services that would have a financial impact on the account (eg, adding a call package).

4). Arrange for any engineer visit that could potentially be chargeable.

Obviously, I wouldn't promote anyone breaching DPA, but there's also nothing to stop you helping the account holder with account changes/maintenance via our website's Member Centre should they provide you with their account details and consent (though bear in mind that contract renewals can only be done via telephone or live chat, rather than the Member Centre).

Hope this helps.

Happy to field any more questions etc.

Best wishes

Dave

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@RandallFlagg

It was certainly possible at one time that one could cease the broadband but keep the Home Phone service - see orbrey's post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/PN-Home-Phone-only/td-p/853562

Has that policy changed?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @198kHz

Thanks for getting in touch.

It isn't a policy change - the phone only packages were provided as part of the legacy set up with Madasafish, hence why the post you've linked is from 2012. We honored the phone only accounts that were migrated in but don't offer any phone only products as new deals and haven't done since the Madasfish brand existed as its own entity.

Best wishes

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Yoda.

I'm sorry for your loss, I know how difficult it can be.

I'd like to add that if you or anyone else have power of attorney over your mother if you e-mail the documents over to us at postroom@plus.net, we'll process it and you or them will effectively be able to do anything the account holder can do.

You can also send us a copy by post to:

Plusnet PLC
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet