Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line not working

JessicaB
Dabbler

Phone line not working

Can anyone help?
My Plusnet phoneline is completely dead. The internet connection is ok (although a bit intermittent) but the phone line is just dead. I have checked my phones and have no battery issue and I have tried a different handset. Still no joy. Can it be something up with the Plusnet phone line or is there something else my end I should be looking at?
Also - annoyingly, I have asked Plusnet to activate call divert at-least three times and it keeps not getting done. I use my landline for work calls and am concerned I am missing calls.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phone line not working

Hi there, I've just tested the line and diagnostics are showing a potential "loop fault" this can be caused by an issue with your equipment so we'd like to be able to run another such line test with everything disconnected from your line. Let us know if you'd be able to line things up for us to be able to do that today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JessicaB
Dabbler

Hi Adam
Thanks for the speedy response. I am not at home right now but will be back at 2:30 pm and will unplug. Do I need to unplug the internet too? If I unplug all I wont be able to email to let you know I am doing it! Also - I realize that my internet connection is slower than normal and v intermittent.
Thanks
Jessica
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I wont be able to email to let you know I am doing it!

In that case if you can perhaps leave everything unplugged for 15 minutes at 2.30 that leaves a window for me to do the test in, does that sound OK?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JessicaB
Dabbler

That is great. Thank you Adam. I will unplug everything at 2:30. Thanks v much for your speedy replies.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, the tests in that state aren't indicating any problems, so this could mean that one of your devices that's usually connected to the line is causing the loop fault.
Have you tried swapping out the filter that the router is usually connected to?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JessicaB
Dabbler

Hi Adam - thanks so much for your speedy response. I am very impressed (as always!) with Plusnet support and costumer service.  When I plugged it all back in, it all works! I am not sure what you mean by "this could mean that one of your devices that's usually connected to the line is causing the loop fault."  Is the filter the phone jack thing? Should I buy a new one do you think?
Also - on a different topic, I have been asking for call divert to be activated so I can divert to my mobile. Can you tell me if this has been done now?
Thank you

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting me know.
Is the filter the phone jack thing? Should I buy a new one do you think?

Yes and I'd no need if it's working now but it might be an idea to buy one as a spare if you don't already have one just in case that happens again.
I have been asking for call divert to be activated so I can divert to my mobile. Can you tell me if this has been done now?

Sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous reply, it should be already active at the moment.I'm just wondering whether you're setting that up to divert all calls or just when engaged or unanswered?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JessicaB
Dabbler

I want to set it up for all calls. It is for when I am out. Thanks v much again. Super impressed with Plusnet. Will by a new phone jack thingy asap for future ref.
Thanks
Jessoca